dodge+datsun=?

82sunny

I am wanting to put a 2.0/2.4 i.e. dodge neon motor in my 210 and was wondering if any body might have any advice I know what I have to do to make the motor work with rwd set up but geting it to fit in the car is anther thing any input would be appreciated

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would put one in the front and one in the back! ;)

Get a couple rolled Neons and cut the front ends off, cut out the underside of the datsun in the front and rear. Set the car down over the front clips, make sure to do alot of measurements before you weld them all together! For the rear steering you could have an electric motor on the steering rack with a knob to turn! Would be a HUGE project, but worth it all in the end!

All wheel drive, twin engine, all wheel steering FTW! ;)

I am wanting to put a 2.0/2.4 i.e. dodge neon motor in my 210 and was wondering if any body might have any advice I know what I have to do to make the motor work with rwd set up but geting it to fit in the car is anther thing any input would be appreciated

Is the 2.4 motor the same as what was used in the acclaim/duster?

I really gotta ask why a dodge motor when the Nissan KA motors are easy to get and make good power?

Haha. agreed. Put a nissan motor in. I mean unless its a dream of yours then go for it! I am all about letting people accomplish their dreams! But its more hassle then its going to be worth. Although me and my brother drove a neon for awhile and we couldn't kill it. It used to overheat all the time [because you have to run it with coolant in it and not just straight water] and we would pull over at this guys house and he though he was helping us by spraying the motor down with his icy water hose. We never had the head warp or anything! it was kinda cool.

I would put one in the front and one in the back! ;)

Get a couple rolled Neons and cut the front ends off, cut out the underside of the datsun in the front and rear. Set the car down over the front clips, make sure to do alot of measurements before you weld them all together! For the rear steering you could have an electric motor on the steering rack with a knob to turn! Would be a HUGE project, but worth it all in the end!

All wheel drive, twin engine, all wheel steering FTW! ;)

that would be cool as hell, i always thought it would be cool to turn it into a rally car but that cost a butt ton of money. dont you have a lifted datsun? what all did you do to that one? like suspension, motor, just specs in general.

It may work, probably be a lot easier with a 310, as they were FWD

maybe, but i want a rwd. im pretty sure itll work cause i was planning on using the mark 3 supra 5 speed or a 5 speed out of a dakota 4 cylinder with the 2.0 neon motor, they basicaly bolt up with little modifications. but heres a question. does anyone know what would be rear end upgrade?

Haha. agreed. Put a nissan motor in. I mean unless its a dream of yours then go for it! I am all about letting people accomplish their dreams! But its more hassle then its going to be worth. Although me and my brother drove a neon for awhile and we couldn't kill it. It used to overheat all the time [because you have to run it with coolant in it and not just straight water] and we would pull over at this guys house and he though he was helping us by spraying the motor down with his icy water hose. We never had the head warp or anything! it was kinda cool.

well its not so much a dream, but i just to try something different cause were im from if you dont have an sr20 in your car they think its junk. and i did think about puting a ka in it. its not wrote in stone just yet. have you seen anybody do odd ball motor swaps btw.

My brother has a lifted datsun. I am not opposed to that. He is using a rear wheel drive toyota motor to power it. and toyota axles. However everything fits and works great as it it was a nissam motor, fabrication is required but the compatibility is much more in his favour then yours. Plus he built something new using existing parts and pieces. You are just putting a motor that will cause you all kinds of headaches and heartaches into a car that needs way less work to be just as good if not better if you just chose a different engine. I am all about fabricating something into something that doesn't belong but what your trying to do isn't worth the work unless its something that you want and are set on doing. If you still have options then pick something that wont be as much work and will have a better end result. Thats all I am saying. haha

My brother has a lifted datsun. I am not opposed to that. He is using a rear wheel drive toyota motor to power it. and toyota axles. However everything fits and works great as it it was a nissam motor, fabrication is required but the compatibility is much more in his favour then yours. Plus he built something new using existing parts and pieces. You are just putting a motor that will cause you all kinds of headaches and heartaches into a car that needs way less work to be just as good if not better if you just chose a different engine. I am all about fabricating something into something that doesn't belong but what your trying to do isn't worth the work unless its something that you want and are set on doing. If you still have options then pick something that wont be as much work and will have a better end result. Thats all I am saying. haha

very true, i appreciate the input. is your brothers lifted datsun the blue one. cause i seen someone on here with it and sick as all hell

anything can be done if you got the cash and the need to do so... with that being said, you can buy adaptors from kennedy adaptor to mount different engines to different trannys. however you will have a shit-ton of money into a 160hp or less setup.

why are you using the neon motor? keep it cheap?=no horsepower?=no to be different? meh

they may not even have a neon adaptor though. most people dont use neon motors because.....well.....ummm they're garbage.

if you want to do it, go for it, take pics and have fun

i personally think if people bag on you for not having an sr20, you'll get some wedgies for runnin a neon motor :D

anything can be done if you got the cash and the need to do so... with that being said, you can buy adaptors from kennedy adaptor to mount different engines to different trannys. however you will have a shit-ton of money into a 160hp or less setup.

why are you using the neon motor? keep it cheap?=no horsepower?=no to be different? meh

they may not even have a neon adaptor though. most people dont use neon motors because.....well.....ummm they're garbage.

if you want to do it, go for it, take pics and have fun

i personally think if people bag on you for not having an sr20, you'll get some wedgies for runnin a neon motor :D

i dont really like neons but i want to do some kind of a weird motor swap and kinda wanted to use a dodge motor. but i know everything i need to make it run rwd. but do you know any motor swap thats cheap and and cheap to get a bunch of hp? i know i could use a ka but i want to something i havent seen

i dont really like neons but i want to do some kind of a weird motor swap and kinda wanted to use a dodge motor. but i know everything i need to make it run rwd. but do you know any motor swap thats cheap and and cheap to get a bunch of hp? i know i could use a ka but i want to something i havent seen

4bt cummins!!!!!!! ;)