Fear of rust? on Ratsun?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so ironic that you posted this listing. This car used to belong to a friend of mine, back before 2 engine fires and various other disgraces. It used to be a "respectable" car... now it's an abortion regularly seen on the Vortex... <_<

I want to rust-out a hood on my 210. I kinda think the whole euro-rat kind of theme goes hand-in-hand with the Ratsun theme.

I am going to be mounting some large, in your face, super shiny carbon fiber louvers on the hood of the car, and I think some beautiful carbon amidst the total Ratsun-Patina- rust theme will just throw the car into a whole different ballpark.

I know that to criticize for use of carbon fiber and on an intentionally rusted hood is kind of blasphemy but...

Isn't that just too much of a clash? Its a clash of Ideas, textures, finishes, purposes....

I get that you want it to be different but it almost is on the realm of "ricerish."

Now some louvers would be beautiful IMO. (not to this extent but you get the idea.)

louver%20hoods%20050.jpg

Or even if you took the carbon fiber, stripped the gel coat off of the surface, sprayed it flat black and then sanded in a way to make it look worn that might not be much of a clash at all.

Some more conservative food for thought.

jccs2009_datsun_510_garage_autohero01.jpg

[imghttp://ekhatch.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/datsun_510_wtfang_1.jpg[/img]

4286290211_e2370c3c65_o.jpg

l_9530a15daa265a7d332e0cde6f7245d1.jpg

But a warning... Fads like this usually die down when it gets around to the honda kids....

450167065722da5121d9b.jpg

PS: the honda picture reminds me... Give me your Diamonds for FREE! haha