Another L-Series Header Thread

brodster

wow...this scares the shit outta me....i need a set of headers for my truck...cant get a good ypipe made for mine....

as for those headers, take it up with ebay NOW...thats a damn joke....i sell toys on ebay and the buyer has more power...ppl buy shit, leave good feedback, then three months later claim bullshit and ebay and paypal side with them....

jeff

Why do you need a set of headers for your truck?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have serious cam installed with all the valve train up grades, port work, maybe bigger valves, multiple carbs and the engine only wakes up above 4K then you just might need the extra flow from a header. A header should be the last thing you buy. Oh, and don't throw the exhaust manifold away, you'll want it later. :)

Nissan raced these motors and they didn't use headers. They designed the stock manifold to work.

Nothing wrong with running a header. Do it for the right reason. The bends in that one look good! Flange welding and surface grinding not so much, nor the price. Could get the head ported and freshened up and make more power for $300.

hey how many people can we get to message this guy and harass him? lets all do it so this bastard takes these things of of ebay?

I've had the pleasure of calling him a fuckstick to his face..... After he called me a few choice words - total classless guy, but as my parts manager says " gotta pay for those speed boats somehow"

He has ripped plenty of people off in much more extreme ways than just a $300 header.

He will keep selling them because people keep buying them

If you end up getting stuck with them, I'd say get out your metal working skills and clean them up. It looks like there's plenty of metal, so you maybe be able to salvage and rework/straighten the flange and still come up with a usable piece. I'd fight like mad to get my money back.

I bought an L20 header from Top End a while back and it was only $175, and even that I didn't like. It never sealed correctly, though I knew less at the time and probably could have solved it with a belt sander, but they've been gone now and left a taste in my mouth. I spent a large amount of time reworking the stock L16 mani, and it works great. But you know that now.

The only good header you're going to get is a hand built header, and they generally cost $800 or so from a qualified fabricator. My Datsun guru Joe made a set for an L16 out of individual angled pieces about an 1.5" at a time. To die for.

wow...and I thought pacesetter headers were cheap. My 7 year old daughter could do a better job welding and machining that. Kinda looks like what would happen if you gave a chimp 10 shots of vodka and an arc welder.

and as far as Bill's Datsun? The only way I would give him any more of my $ would be to buy him a bottle of aspirin to overdose on. There is a reason he has a crappy reputation around here...the guy has earned it.

If you want your SSS exhaust manifold to perform better and look nicer, port and polish the inside, sandblast the outside and then have it powder coated or something. I am running a ported Z24 exhaust manifold that I sandblasted and then used rustoleum high heat automotive rattle can paint, after a few thousand miles it is still holding, not sure how long it will last though....powder or ceramic coating will last longer I am sure.

here is what i said to bills bull shit datsun headers!!

i sent him a ebay question about his headers

http://community.rat...__1#entry382981

thanks for selling my friend and probably alot of other some serious peice of shit headers!! your a jerk off and if i was out west i would kick you in the nuts!!! youll get yours in the end! jerk off!!!

Did you actually link back to this thread in your ebay question? That's funny. It would be more funny if it wasn't about my $275 plus shipping and my dumb decision, but still funny nonetheless.

After this whole mess I am just going to stick with a clean L16 manifold. Probably ceramic coat to make it nice. I always wanted to get a set of headers for my Datsun but it just isn't worth the money. When I get rich one day I will buy pretty $800 custom-made headers. Until then...