For sale L20B w/longshaft 5 speed new price $350

Guest kamakazi620

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

What's the build date on the door jam???

I can't recall and i'm not home right now,all i remember is tag says '74 and the title says '74 and the truck has cab vents,my other 620 is an odd ball to june '72 tags it reads

Guest DatsuNoob

Bang that! I already dumped one of them tractor motors oouuut already (you know... project KA-someday?) :lol: I want the goonzooooo! Help me to restablish my Datsun street cred :D

Guest DatsuNoob

Geeeezus! I can do everything but wire the beast! I'm about ready to trade a testicle to science, sell a kidney, or whatever it fuckin takes to get it done. I am good at reassmebling stuff I take apart, but retrofitting electrical, splicing wires, understanding how all that works, not so much. I dont even know if what I have currently will be compatible as far as OBD2 diz with OBD1 everything.

Guest kamakazi620

Geeeezus! I can do everything but wire the beast! I'm about ready to trade a testicle to science, sell a kidney, or whatever it fuckin takes to get it done. I am good at reassmebling stuff I take apart, but retrofitting electrical, splicing wires, understanding how all that works, not so much. I dont even know if what I have currently will be compatible as far as OBD2 diz with OBD1 everything.

Thats why you buy a COMPLETE swap numbnutz!!! not pieced together hack job,and NO GOON IS mine!!!!! and it'll take MORE than $350 to buy back YO!!!!!!

Guest DatsuNoob

whatever Karmasaki620, it was attempted in the true ratsun spirit. It's a total mutt set-up borrowing from many different vehicles to piece it all together. Doing it this way has allowed me to learn a thing or two also and get things exactly how I want, a little different. This IS also poorly documented, almost 'uncharted' territory doing the swap I chose. I've only seen a couple Frontier swaps, and they used all related truck bolt-ons, and wiring.

I dont even REALLY want your wagon, just ANY Datsun at this point. I miss getting into an old car.

noob wont jeff or frank up there help you out with that wireing......fuck man that suks you cant get help...have you talked with philcas1987....hes the sheznit when it comes to wireing(anything)....pm him and see whats up....is fronteer shit that differnt......SOMEONE HELP THIS GUY OUT!!!!!

on anouther note this is kamas thread so do what he want toooo....damn it!!!!!!

hahahahaha i cant read.. i guess i started that karma stuff.. my bad for being dislexic...is that motor out of the car already.. my friend will be calling you tonight to try and see if its a workable deal with you...he likes the goon too but soiunds like its a keeper...

Guest kamakazi620

hahahahaha i cant read.. i guess i started that karma stuff.. my bad for being dislexic...is that motor out of the car already.. my friend will be calling you tonight to try and see if its a workable deal with you...he likes the goon too but soiunds like its a keeper...

no its still in car so you can hear it run and all,but i got a cherry picker onsite

74=short tranny

Usually the model year starts in July or August of the previous year. For example the build date for a '78 620 would run from 08 '77 to 07 '78, usually that is.

Mar '72 to Aug '72 is the '72 model year

Sept '72 to Sept '73 is the '73 model year

Oct '73 to Aug '74 is the '74 model year. All my info says that the '74 model year starting in Oct of '73 was the beginning of the L18 and the long F4W71B four speed. Some reference books may be assuming that the model year starts in July or August for the '74 and may include the short F4W63 from previous years. There may have been a few left over that were installed even after Oct of '73. Generally, the '74 had the F4W71B long four speed. AFIK

no its still in car so you can hear it run and all,but i got a cherry picker onsite

k the gentle mans name is hans and he will be in contact with you tonight.. he said hed take the car too for the right price...trhanks for you r help if he gets it dont forget to dump skib wheels in his truck ....

Guest kamakazi620

k the gentle mans name is hans and he will be in contact with you tonight.. he said hed take the car too for the right price...trhanks for you r help if he gets it dont forget to dump skib wheels in his truck ....

Skib wheels???? I KNOW NOTHING!!!!!!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.