First Look Nissan Leaf

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... i really hate to admit this, but i want one... I know this car will come with a free vagina that the owner will be required to wear around his neck like an Albatross, but i really want the switch to electric vehicles to happen sooner than later.

Cant wait to trade the sentra in for one. Wife drives alot of miles to work every day, vancouver to beaverton, so i cant wait to save on gas money. Especially with all the government and state rebates. on these electric cars :)

• Like 1

Hmm........ugly, impractical for most. Diesel/electric hybrid would be cool, or electric with a small diesel generator - hell, the diy guys have done it already and showed them at SEMA last year, you think a giant car corporation could figure it out! Not directed at Nissan, nobody is doing it yet. I think hydrogen fuel cell cars are where it's at.

cost of 100 mile (which is its full charge range) charge is less than $3

h aha hahaha, i guess obama must have nationalized price per kilowatt hour!!! dude electricity costs are different depending on where you live, where i live we are powered by COAL!! we have some of the cheapest rates in the country and coal mining creates thousands of jobs.

now you have to plug it in right? if you do the money you save on gas is just gonna go into your electric bill .....just saying

Actually as dr said not really. The leaf is like a giant cell phone, ive been reading on this car for a while now. It scans for when the charging rates are the lowest and charges the car. You save a hell of alot of money with a electric car compared to fuel. 20 bucks to fill your car to go 180 miles, compared to 6 bucks to charge it for 200 miles, 3 bucks for 100 miles. And the sl version of the leaf has a solar panel spoiler that helps with keeping the car charged as well. 8000 tax break from the government, 2000 from the state depending on which state your in. Ive been researching for when we get ours for the last year, and its actually really worth it. Better than the chevy volt which sucks balls.

I want mine, slam it, light aluminum wheels, tint and itd look bad ass. Plus i would love pulling up to prius owners and acting like a complete dick for them polluting the world :) since they always stick their nose's up to us. This car you can also call it to tell it to turn on, to turn on the ac, all sorts of stuff. Its like one giant driving smart phone. Torque of a v6 off the line, its a decent lil electric car, and is going to pave the way to bigger and better ones.

• Like 1

The thing about electric cars. Great on the west coast, bad on the east coast, to put it simply. You have to think on how we get the electricity. On the west coast we have wind, solar, dams, and other sources of electricity which pull us off coal. The whole zero emissions is crap. Technically the leaf will be better on the environment than just about any other car on the west coast. But on the east coast so much electricity comes from coal that the leaf will create a bigger foot print than other cars.

Zero emissions doesnt stop at the car. The car is fueled by electricity which comes from other non zero emissions plants.

I want mine, slam it, light aluminum wheels, tint and itd look bad ass. Plus i would love pulling up to prius owners and acting like a complete dick for them polluting the world :) since they always stick their nose's up to us. This car you can also call it to tell it to turn on, to turn on the ac, all sorts of stuff. Its like one giant driving smart phone. Torque of a v6 off the line, its a decent lil electric car, and is going to pave the way to bigger and better ones.

just make sure you get the 440 plug ;) charges in 30min at a charge station.

220 does 8 hours and you gotta get one installed at your house, the 110 takes 18 hours :blink:

Its Skib without the salute!

:rofl: he got me off gaurd

^ nice thing is theirs state discounts and rebates on the home charging stations as well lol. Total of all the rebates and shit is about half the cars price almost.

as of now...tennesse is having to reign way back on the tax stuff, and it looks like other states will too. Can't have the government pay for most of the car that government subsidies already built

from jalopnik

" Because after getting a $7,500 tax break from the government, along with additional tax breaks for the home charger and matching state and local incentives, it could look like some Leaf buyers were getting paid to just buy another car. "

this review made me lol

also from jalopnik

"But the Leaf isn't about driving as an experience to savor. It's software with wheels, a rolling app meant to strictly oversee how much energy you're using on the road. For those who get satisfaction from such parsimony, and don't live in an apartment or other dwelling with no access to a 220-volt outdoor plug, the Leaf offers a compelling solution to the problem of driving.

If you don't see driving as a problem, the Leaf isn't for you."