Best nissan engine?

kmc63

I think my time on here makes up for NOT being able to tell customers what I really think at NAPA. "I'm sorry, you're stupid and you shouldn't be working on your own vehicle. No really, gtfo, go buy a Yugo, that's the car for YOU!" :D

Seriously, had a guy come in today with a 5 series BMW. Nice car, needed some oil. Calls for synthetic. John sold him some that was like 7 bucks a quart. Good stuff, worthy of BMW, and the guy starts bitching about the price. Anyway, he buys the oil, I watch him go out, pop the hood. He comes back in 2 minutes later. "Can you show me where to add oil?" Fuuuuuuuccccccckkkk! MORONS ALL DAY LONG!!! I swear it's getting as bad as Autozone. Oh, and we had Jabba the hutt in the store today too. Seriously the dude was an EASY 650 pounds. No shit. Wait, no, lots of shit. Lots and lots and the whole sales floor had a funk after he left, had to open the doors. Jeezus, I don't know how he walked in under his own strength. Should have just requested we lift him with the fork truck through the bay door in the back!

That's how I really feel. :lol:

.. shouldn't you be posting on the Insomniac thread? :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! I'm dying, I can't type now. :D Yes, yes I should. I actually need to get to sleep. Have mucho car projects scheduled tomorrow. Doing a heater core for my Datsun guru for some traded work, and going to try and get the fuel injection done and the 510 started. Ambitious goals all of them. But Ratsun is just so fun, I can't sleep!

I think I'm going to go rant in insomniacs now, I have more NAPA stories!

P.S. BEST THREAD HIJACK EVER!!!! :lol: (I apologize in advance)

I like the VG30 with a supercharger idea. Dead reliable if you dont go for huge HP numbers, no lag and if you use a paxton style it will all fit under the hood... if you use an ET or DETT youve got the internals taken care of already.

thats exactly how im seeing it look stock from the outside and maybe 200 ponys to piss the ricers off with

thats exactly how im seeing it look stock from the outside and maybe 200 ponys to piss the ricers off with

That is precisely what I wanted and exactly what I have,well maybe not quite 200hp.Like I said my next one wont be quite as pristine, im thinking 300hp almost all fiberglass,try to get it around 1700 lbs.A real toy.

There was a guy with a 300zx TT for sale in Montana and he had replaced the turbos with a supercharger. He was claiming a dead reliable 400 horse and the install was insanely clean looking. The nice thing about the SC in a dime is you dont have to worry about all the extra plumbing and fitment around the steering box, brake booster and all that other stuff. Granted the SC will cost you a couple bucks but it will probably be about the same as making custom headers and all that other stuff. When done youd have a friggin monster.

Another thing I have been thinking about is one of those Mercedes superchargers on an LZ22 with a damn weber or two. Cheapo backyard engineering with junkyard parts and it should make decent power and if you break something... who cares, its an L motor. Theyre cheap and fun to work on. I think you might just be able to pull off the cheap reliable and fast with this one.

There was a guy with a 300zx TT for sale in Montana and he had replaced the turbos with a supercharger. He was claiming a dead reliable 400 horse and the install was insanely clean looking. The nice thing about the SC in a dime is you dont have to worry about all the extra plumbing and fitment around the steering box, brake booster and all that other stuff. Granted the SC will cost you a couple bucks but it will probably be about the same as making custom headers and all that other stuff. When done youd have a friggin monster.

Another thing I have been thinking about is one of those Mercedes superchargers on an LZ22 with a damn weber or two. Cheapo backyard engineering with junkyard parts and it should make decent power and if you break something... who cares, its an L motor. Theyre cheap and fun to work on. I think you might just be able to pull off the cheap reliable and fast with this one.

Hey mike, great to hear from you.Well actually im thinking vg-30 or vg-33 supercharged Not a lot of info that i've found but got time to research it.

i ment that since the heads are bigger and so on and so forth not necessarily the block but all that extra crap adds up

Which raises the question for me. How close is the vq to the vg in say the aftermarket conversion kit? Does the vq use the same motor mounts,headers etc.No one has any idea?