Anyone hungry?? Cuz my engines TOAST!

metalmonkey47

Out of curiosity, how do I get a dry reading on cylinder 4 when its soaked in oil?

The opposite of what I was trying to steer you from ,,,, Brake Clean :lol: ( IDK honestly ,,, :unsure: )

a general reading acrossed should give you a pretty good idea ,,, given the idea one cylinder can be much lower than the rest ;)

This is where the phrase " Just do the best you can with it " comes into play :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The opposite of what I was trying to steer you from ,,,, Brake Clean :lol: ( IDK honestly ,,, :unsure: )

a general reading acrossed should give you a pretty good idea ,,, given the idea one cylinder can be much lower than the rest ;)

This is where the phrase " Just do the best you can with it " comes into play :)

Oh shittt.. just realized that I'm having a garage sale Saturday. Guess I'll be doing work with bunches of weird people around :P

Okay this is weird.. No compression numbers yet since I have been working on a garage sale all day, but heres this interesting little thing..

It was smoking pretty bad again earlier, but when I pulled the car out (first time on the road in almost 3-4 months tongue.gif) my mom and GF told me that it wasn't smoking as bad, and as I pulled down the driveway it had quit smoking. Stuck oil ring maybe? I don't think it would do this if the rings were blown.

Looking at the thread this seems like more of a longshot here, but you might want to check it, since it is dead easy. Try blocking off the PCV valve, if it is leaking it will smoke like a SOB.

My PCV is just a little breather :P

Anyways, my GF was hiding in a tree today and happened to get this picture when i was moving the car for a yard sale. This is what it looks like smoking./

IMAG1446.jpg

So.. it's not smoking anymore because it's not running right noaW????

Nah not smoking right now laugh.gif

Cereal though, it wasn't smoking after I drove it for about 20 seconds yesterday. I was gonna go do a compression test, but it's fucking POORING :(

Hmmm #4 has oil? There is an oil drain back hole between head and block to the back of #4 to drain oil from the cam spray. If the head was damaged or new gasket over a piece of old and it was leaking, a lot of ifs. It wouldn't leak in when running but might overnight. What's the compression on #4.... oh yeah you haven't done a test yet!!!! :lol:

I had two dowels. One on the rear passenger hole, and one opposite on front driver.

Went out, and as soon as I turned the key, my heart dropped cuz the batteries dead :(

Gonna be about an hour before I have a charge on it. Maybe a little less. It's on a 6amp charger.

My ass is about to go drop $170 on an Optima battery. dry.gif

#4-32

#3-50

#2-50

#1-45

WAY low. Isn't it supposed to be around 150?

Those are the absolute highest readings for each cylinder ??? :huh:

:blink: that's dead low dude , sworry !

are you sure your head-gasket sealed correctly 100% ? (Super clean handling ,,, no grease , oil , little bits of old gasket left on sealing surface ? )

what method did you use to clean gaskets off both sealing surfaces ?