Help me ID this engine

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He DID say it was an imported motor. Bought it from japan and a buddys shop put it in. I'm going to look at this car soon. Not running but was when parked. Needs radiator and other bits. Need to check compression and for spark when I'm there. What else should I look out for besides the obvious stuff like water in the oil.

Thanks a million guys!!!

I dunnow skib, check the exhaust manifold to turbo.. looks cast iron.

as far as I know there are no factory L4 turbo exhaust manis, it was never a factory option.

I cant see any of the mani clearly in the pics, the cast looking part in the last pic is the turbo exhaust housing

lets get some exhaust mani and ECU pics!

Guest kamakazi620

Whats up with the valve cover hold down strap? lol

If you look closely the battery is missing,and they put the hold down on the valve cover.(I know most of us ratsun guys have NEVER seen or used a battery hold down,unless its in bungie cord style.)

Looks like a 610 SSS engine -- L18E with a bunch of mismatched parts.

You can look on the engine for the number itself. Might be an L20B with the SSS manifold fitted.

Also looks like a Dodge engine, er i mean Dodgey. That battery hold down would make me think twice about buying it, and the seller passing it off as a 240SX engine would make me not trust the buyer.