My First Dime

Hey everyone,

I finally got my first 510 - bought a '71 2 door about a week ago. Body is very straight and it's ready for paint. Paint and KA engine are going to be done over the next few months. In the meantime, I will be looking for other necessary items to stockpile and add in when the painting is done, such as interior. (Anyone selling back or front seats?) Should be a lot of fun with my new project.

Anyway, I know this probably isn't the best spot to post, but I am pretty excited and just wanted to share. I have waited a long time for this! Posting a couple photo of it below. With any luck, I will be driving this around before Christmas, but well see.

Thanks for

510rightside9-18.jpg

510leftside9-18.jpg

510rear9-18.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least most of the body work appears to be done. Do you need the hood, gas tank door, rear side windows, and tail lights? Do you have any of the other rims or is this the way you bought it with no extra parts?

I've got the hood, bumpers, glass and a lot of other parts. These are the rims it came with, which will obviously be changed at some point. My main concerns were that the there was no rust (there is none) and that the body is straight (it's pretty damn straight). The rest will all be project stuff. I need a lot for the interior. It has front seats but I will replace those and I will need rear seats, carpet kits, door panels, etc. Like a couple people told me, no matter how much you do to your 510, you will never be done. I just have a lot more to do to start.

I will be posting photos as it comes along if anyone is interested in seeing them?

I'll make sure to post photos as work is done to it. I'm pretty excited about the paint and engine, can't wait to post photos of that! In the meantime, I am going to be hunting down parts.

I'm pretty happy I joined this site, there seems to be a lot of knowledge available here and parts for sale too! Maybe I will find some of the stuff I need right here. Is there a thread here focused on seat swaps and what works and what doesn't? I haven't found that yet, but I will keep looking!