Jacob's Goon Build - Now L19 powered.

Laecaon

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! What wheels are those?

So I was under the car the other day without it being jacked up, and noticed this:

WP_000011.jpg

The bump stops on the leaf packs still have an inch before they touch. I am going to remove that now...

Nice!

And well, too late. I took it out... I will see. Does it smack from axle twist or simply being low? I figured that both the leaf bump stops would stop the pinion from smacking the floor, they are uncut.

• 1 month later...

Wow, no updates since before Canby.

Um what did I do? MMM I put a sentra distributor in, so now I have electronic ignition. More on that, probably tomorrow, it deserves it own post.

Alternator was making lots of noises, and I was dissatisfied with the charging, so I put in a 60amp out of a 280zx. Car is happier.

Oh and today, my friend and I made a trip. This is back at my house.

Hmm riding a bit low.

WP_000035.jpg

This low, very little rubbing actually.

WP_000036.jpg

What would cause this?

WP_000038.jpg

WP_000039.jpg

Aww yea!

IMG_0645.JPG

• Like 2

Now, dont get your hopes up quite yet. I am going to still be driving my car. I am not even planning on starting the swap for some time. It will give me time to do some more research, look over the motor, replace gaskets and stuff. Need time to acquire parts. I want to complete my swap in a very short time. I dont want my car down for too long.

Yes it is a CA18DET. From just about the beginning of me owning this car, I have wanted this motor. Its one of the lightest options available (lighter than an SR20). And is able to make more than enough power needed in a dime.

Motor is 100% complete, all sensors including MAF, and ECU. Yes the throttle body is cracked a bit, but there is still some good meat for the hose to clamp onto. I need to get a shifter and a clutch slave.

So short laundry list of what I can think of off the top of my head.

Replace all gaskets on motor.

New timing kit

Clutch kit

Wiring

Intercooler and piping

Top mount turbo manifold

Shortened driveshaft

Rear axle (need to explore some ideas, I still need to check to see if a Volvo 240 axle could work)

Learn to weld. (I sold my welder, they are common, I made money on it, I will get another).

Rear Sump? (I would prefer keeping the crossmember protecting the sump, and not having to get a custom sway bar)

New fuel lines, fuel pump

Fuel pick up? It seems the stock wagon pickup may be adequate. I cant find any information on this, I have talked to Driven and he hasnt touched his pick up for his GM motor swap...

Exhaust made (Need to figure out what I want out of it)

Throttle cable, probably out of a 240sx

620 motor mounts, SR guys use them, I might as well.

Aluminum Radiator.

...I cant think of anything else at the moment,

Profit!