225 hp l18

Braden

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

waaaayyy waaayyy to much expensive go fast shit on that motor to break or adjust!

I can be done.. it looks a mess because its bolted to the engine dyno.. Once everything is in the car it works just fine...

the 2jz was a bit more of a shoehorn in the car but everything still fits ;) The car can run 4 classes in one day.. with a motor change.

Picture097.jpg

Shit, Pineapple you are a LSR guy? I love land speed stuff, one of the most innovative and free thinking forms of racing.

I grew up immersed in motorsport..My grandfater ( basically my dad) has been thinkng out of the box since the 40s.. He was among the first to go to El Mirage to see how fast his ole flathead would run. He had the worlds fastest 4cyl dragster in the 60s.. Was the first to enter a turbocharged engine (doge colt motor / eg..mitsubishi) in offroad racing which was of course banned the next season lol. He was playing with electronic fuel injection when everyone tore it off and threw carbs on to go fast. I wish i knew half of what he has forgotten but i know enough to get me into trouble... I have pictures of me running around the lake in a diaper and flip flops lol ..The car pictured is a "modified roadster" :)

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4088.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

your stock L18 is prob making half that right now.

I think hes blowin smoke.

and deff not going to happen with just the stock stuff.

heres a excerpt from some L series dyno readings I have.

Long rod L20B (RWD)

125hp @ 6500rpm

119ft-lbs

The car has a L20B bottom end with 6 inch rods built by Troy Ermish.

U67 Cylinder head prepped and ported by Rebello, valve job since redone by a local machine shop, large valves. The cam is unknown. It's some sort of cal cams camshaft that has a lot of overlap, I believe the lift to be under a half inch with a duration under 300. I do not know. It is running 44mm mikunis with the short intake manifold, and a comp header with 2 inch exhaust. The distributor is a Nissan black box unit which was just installed. At 5 degrees initial and about 27 degrees total we got 125 horse at 6500rpm and 119 of torque. These are all at the wheel numbers which are corrected for altitude and temperature.

this long rod L20 is running mikunis, a pretty gnarly cam, and a head built by Rebello and is only making 125hp

still think some random guy can get 180hp out of your L18?

right. So basically trying to see wats up. So dudes sayig he"s beating guy"s left and right down there and says guy's running sr and k swaps is just a waste of money and he can do the same for a fraction and whip ass all day long? So what u think of this guy? all bs or what? What should a 250hp motor should cost? l18-sr or kswap

well thanks for the feed back. So what kind of hp can i get out of this motor so i can edgucate my self so i don't get some asshole like this in the future tryig to blow smoke up my asssssssssssssssssssssss?

that still goes back to what you plan to do with the long block