anyone running a Borla?

Skib

any got some video of an L4 with a Borla muffler?

Im shopping for new exhaust :lol:

My buddy has a Borla XR-1 on his 280ZXt and it sounds killer. wonder how some Borla stuff will sound on a built L20

any other vids of good sounding L4 exhaust+info are also welcome

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

back when i was working at Discount Import Parts we sold Borla exhaust alot. if I remember right,Neuspeed, Tectonics Tuning, & Autotech all sold Borla mufflers. I also know from owning a couple BMW's (a '78 320i and a '82 320is ) that Borla mufflers are popular in that crowd also. I've seen alot of Borla adds in Porsche magazines too. I know that they sound great on 4 cyl vw's,and are a performance upgrade also. all those VW,BMW &Porsche owners couldn't be wrong,and many could afford to buy a better muffler,if there was one. I've heard Dynomax muffers,& Flowmasters on 4 cyl cars and haven't been very impressed with the sound. i know that the Flowmasters are Loud,even on a 4cyl. i really think they're better suited for v8's. the Borlas will have a more "European tuning" sound,which i definately prefer over the "KAZOO" sound alot of the Honda,& other Japanese tuner cars have. Thanks for reminding me about Borla. maybe I'll run one when i get my exhaust done.

its gettin some mean exhaust to match the coming motor ;)

theres some heavy plans in the works for the truck and the L20B

do feel a little bad pulling fresh exhaust off it tho :P sorry kev

No worries about the exhaust. It was a temp setup till I did what I wanted. The header is all i'd be curious about. If ya don't use it i'd buy it back. :D

Skib,

I bought and purchased a Borla Exhaust. It is on my 07 Ion Redline. It is deep and throaty sounding, but not annnoyingly ricer loud. When the car is at idle, I can have all the bass in the world playing, and it can still be heard/felt as the low dB of the rumble it makes is absolutely beautiful. The engine is a Saturn engine, but similar in that its a 2.0L w/ 5spd. Would buy it again, I paid 595$ way back in 2005 and originally put it on my 05 Ion, and transferred it, when I traded up.

Radio

I was doing a muffler hunt for a few months and took a chance on Spintech, because they seem to have that rumble and pop that I really like!

No Rice-Bees either. sounds mean.

theres some pics of the exhaust i put together for my KA and a vid clip a little farther down the page.

http://infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11062&highlight=spintech&page=2

Borla makes good stuff, their turbo mufflers are basically a stainless steel glasspack in the shape of a turbo muffler. The extra packing and design makes them allot quieter than a standard glasspack, but it comes at a price. Back when I was into fuel injected sport compact cars, I swore by them and it was all I would use. High flow, excellent deep tone, and great longevity.

Since those days I found out I could get the same tone and high flow with a 30+ inch long Thrush glasspack, and I quit spending the money on the Borla name.

They make a great product if you can afford it though.

I lolz at what you pay for shit :rofl:

Ill be dropping 175 on the Borla for the exhaust Ill build for the truck

I know there good I just wanted to see if anyone had a clip on an L4

That was a full exhaust, not just the muffler, forgot to mention and in the height of the Fast and Furious Economy...lolz also paid 600 for an MP3 cd deck when they first came out and MP3 discs with 200 songs were all the rage before the Ipod! At least I wasn't that guy who bought a Blueray for 1200$ or Laserdisc Player for a cool G.

Radio

That was a full exhaust, not just the muffler, for

thats what I figured, and I still lolz :rofl:

the cost of shit for newer cars is preposterous :lol:

I did work on a Mazda Speed3 and she wanted and intake and showed me some of the ones she wanted....

lol like $300 for a crappy ram air,

I loled and was like bitch, I can haz for sub 100 monies :rofl: lolz at you. now make me a sammich

That was a full exhaust, not just the muffler, forgot to mention and in the height of the Fast and Furious Economy...lolz also paid 600 for an MP3 cd deck when they first came out and MP3 discs with 200 songs were all the rage before the Ipod! At least I wasn't that guy who bought a Blueray for 1200$ or Laserdisc Player for a cool G.

Radio

ha! Damn man. i paid aroudn 150 for my kenwood excellon radio, and it plays mp3s/wma, has usb + headphone jack, ipod hookup, HD capable, blutooth blah blah... Tells u how much times have changed.