1959 220 pickup truck on the bay

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freakin' sweet! Too a good body man, that's not a bad start. It definitely would be a collector's item. If I had buku bucks I'd restore just for the hell of it. I'd still say a completely restored one of those would be pretty hard to get money spent back out of it, even at Barrett Jacksons. Even so, I sure hope someone does.

Nope, but they put the dealerships names on the bumpers. In the 70s that is. Aparantly they used the same aftermarket rear bumpers in Mississippi as they did in Texas. My new truck came with one identical to the old one I had except for the city stenciled into it.

I swear I've read that same thing nearly word for word somewhere else. I know Wikipedia is similar. I thought it was olddatsuns.com but I checked and couldn't find it.... anyways I was just bein an ass. I know where they came from. Maybe they don't have those bumpers in your neck of the woods. Point is, all the cool dattos are out west. Even the very first ones. I'm jealous and you won't hear Texans say that often... especially about California.

This is the one I could of had for $400 years ago. But then I was jobless, broke and living at my sisters. So I had to pass. That same guy had an Borgward Isabella I really liked too. This must be a newer owner. It is a rust bucket with the wrong motor and missing a lot of original stuff.