jc whitney weather striping

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That what I think too!! :D

I'm giving my 620 doors the full-resto. I looked at all that stuff and a bunch of other websites. I just didn't know what to think.

I swallowed hard and ordered weather stripping from A1 on the internet. The pair were almost a hundred bucks, but they seem to be exact replicas with the mitered corners and the plastic pins. Haven't got them yet, maybe today. We will see.

I also tried to chase down the window run channel and didn't have the confidence to try the extrusions from Metro Moulded Parts. The dimensions seemed right, but again, I chickened out. Too hard to tell what the flocking detail is like. I ordered OEM run channel from Too Intense Restoration for about seventy bucks, fifteen feet, enough for two doors. They said it comes with instructions or a template for cutting the miters.

Sometimes I'm just a wuss. It might be a function of age. I could try the cheap way and it could work, but my time is in really short supply. I want stuff to work the first time and work and look like it is supposed to.

We will see. All my door parts should get here soon. I'm taking lots of pics of the process and I'll post them up.

It would be great if any of that JC Whitney stuff worked. My only experience with JC Whitney was buying mirrors for my Honda VFR. Stock mirrors were $160 from the Honda stealership. JC's blurb said, "exact look and fit"... $59.

Yeah right, they looked factory! I thought, bitchin' I saved a bundle. First ride, I go to adjust the mirrors and they just rotated axially. The OEM Honda mirrors had a ball joint so you could adjust them perfectly while riding. The JC W mirrors sucked, what a waste of $59.

That what I think too!! :D

I'm giving my 620 doors the full-resto. I looked at all that stuff and a bunch of other websites. I just didn't know what to think.

I swallowed hard and ordered weather stripping from A1 on the internet. The pair were almost a hundred bucks, but they seem to be exact replicas with the mitered corners and the plastic pins. Haven't got them yet, maybe today. We will see.

I also tried to chase down the window run channel and didn't have the confidence to try the extrusions from Metro Moulded Parts. The dimensions seemed right, but again, I chickened out. Too hard to tell what the flocking detail is like. I ordered OEM run channel from Too Intense Restoration for about seventy bucks, fifteen feet, enough for two doors. They said it comes with instructions or a template for cutting the miters.

Sometimes I'm just a wuss. It might be a function of age. I could try the cheap way and it could work, but my time is in really short supply. I want stuff to work the first time and work and look like it is supposed to.

We will see. All my door parts should get here soon. I'm taking lots of pics of the process and I'll post them up.

It would be great if any of that JC Whitney stuff worked. My only experience with JC Whitney was buying mirrors for my Honda VFR. Stock mirrors were $160 from the Honda stealership. JC's blurb said, "exact look and fit"... $59.

Yeah right, they looked factory! I thought, bitchin' I saved a bundle. First ride, I go to adjust the mirrors and they just rotated axially. The OEM Honda mirrors had a ball joint so you could adjust them perfectly while riding. The JC W mirrors sucked, what a waste of $59.

its only 10 dollars so i figure i will try it and see if it works. i just hope it is thick enuff to seal between the door and the body

I ordered OEM run channel from Too Intense Restoration for about seventy bucks, fifteen feet, enough for two doors. They said it comes with instructions or a template for cutting the miters.

i dont remember paying that much (is it different from a 510? ) but i have been very happy with the quality! easy to install and actually had enough scrap to do most of 1 wagon back door.