clutch issues

chris67

Clutch pedal wont move its solid as a rock. The fluid level was low but thats as far as i got. The truck has been sitting for over 10 years. I am not sure what tranny it is but it is a L16 motor. Slave cylinder?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as easily could be the master cylinder. To test that open the bleeder at the slave. If the pedal still won't move it is not the slave cylinder. Maybe the pedal is stuck, but seems unlikely.

I will try that tomorrow

Hey Chris, I have brought home trucks that the master cylinders(both) were frozen solid inside themselves, like the brake slaves when they set for long amounts of time, they just rust themselves solid. wayno

I disconnect the hard line coming from the master cylinder drained out some fluid and now my clutch pedal moves normally but its still not doing anything at the tranny so I am guessing the slave cylinder is bad? (The spring was also only attached to one side of the slave).

either way, its very recommended to replace them, for testing purposes you could use them, but not for normal drive, because the rust cavities might damage the seals and may cause a severe damage to the transmission, just my thoughts.

either way, its very recommended to replace them, for testing purposes you could use them, but not for normal drive, because the rust cavities might damage the seals and may cause a severe damage to the transmission, just my thoughts.

Thanks i plan all replacing them just trying to confirm whats all bad before i start tearing eveything apart.:cool:

I disconnect the hard line coming from the master cylinder drained out some fluid and now my clutch pedal moves normally but its still not doing anything at the tranny so I am guessing the slave cylinder is bad? (The spring was also only attached to one side of the slave).

Either the slave is seized or the clutch arm isn't moving. Unbolt the slave and have someone gently depress the peddle. If the slave is ok the pushrod will move outward. If there is movement, have the person stop or the piston in the slave may over extend.

I imagine it's the slave that's seized.