Looking for: L Series Head

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that there had to be a story, and i bet that isnt all of the story either.

The head I put in my car seems to have a small crack that only opens occasionally, when it feels like it. I wasn't able to daignose the problem with any certainty before, because it went away. Now it seems a little more clear that when the temp gets above 215 or so, the crack opens thus worsening the initial temperature rise. Long story short, I'd rather plan on replacing this head than re-rebuilding the bottom end.

Thanks for all the offers, I think I might have one lined up, I'll post back when I know for sure.

-Guy

The head I put in my car seems to have a small crack that only opens occasionally, when it feels like it. I wasn't able to daignose the problem with any certainty before, because it went away. Now it seems a little more clear that when the temp gets above 215 or so, the crack opens thus worsening the initial temperature rise. Long story short, I'd rather plan on replacing this head than re-rebuilding the bottom end.

Thanks for all the offers, I think I might have one lined up, I'll post back when I know for sure.

-Guy

you forgot to mention that this head did the same thing on my car that's why i took it off. now i get to say! I told you so :P don't worrie i think i found you a new head

an l should never get close to 215 thats way to hot

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.