L20b headers!

Stupid_fast

^Isnt that why you get your exhaust welded...?

he has his mind made up allready. You wont change it.

This is common on New datsun owners when they want something.

I would spemd money on Head,cam match port, and find a dueal carb set up w/1.5in ports.

But the way I look at it, if he buys the header they will still make them cause there is a demand.

I want to see the car running first.

Then spend money on other stuff.

Yes, I've made up my mind. :P

And you answered my question, ty.

I would do head work, ect but I'm sitting on a freshly rebuilt engine that has been sitting for about 5 years. I'll do more head work/porting, ect later.

I've got a (new)single downdraft weber for it, its good enough for now.

I want the car running, but unfortunately to register it I need a working exhaust system. So why not get a header while I'm at it?

Ordering the clutch today if all goes well, maybe the crossmember for the trans also. The project has some progress!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another reason to run stock manifolds. Or at least an L16/18.

Say $100 header + $100 to coat. That's $200 to maybe gain 3-4 hp at 4K to 6K. Cost $50 per hp. Free or $20 L16 manifold with maybe 2-3 hp gain above 4K. Cost free or up to $10 per hp. and better mid range.

And no leaks and no bottoming out and no replacing gaskets.Do some "work" to the manifold and further reduce the gap between it and the header.

I wouldn't buy anything from bill's datsun. look up my 510 build thread if you want to see how the guy does business. I bought a "rebuilt" motor from him...all he had done is put a timing chain kit on it, mis-installed it two teeth off too.

so yeah, I would rather get raped by a spork than do business with that prick.

back on topic, I would pick the header made out of the best materials and that bolts in the easiest. an extra horsepower or two wouldn't be worth it to me if it was a bad fit or rusted out in a few years.

At high rpm's, nothing beats ceramic coated headers period. Wat they are saying is,biggrin.gif they are old and know that there is no increase in hp (or torque) at low rpm's but at high rpm's there is a gain, but to sustain high rpm's you should have a system that can take it, ie. crossflow alum. rad, ported intake, cam, updated fuel pup etc. . On a stock motor, a header will give almost no increase in performance. If you want to go fast and get a header and add later it is all good as long as you have a plan.

At high rpm's, nothing beats ceramic coated headers period. Wat they are saying is,biggrin.gif they are old and know that there is no increase in hp (or torque) at low rpm's but at high rpm's there is a gain, but to sustain high rpm's you should have a system that can take it, ie. crossflow alum. rad, ported intake, cam, updated fuel pup etc. . On a stock motor, a header will give almost no increase in performance. If you want to go fast and get a header and add later it is all good as long as you have a plan.

Oh, thats what I thought. Thanks. :P

As long as the low end is good enough for street use, high RPM is all I care about on a track or autocross.