Card run twice at gas station?

So went to use my debit card tonight and it was declined. Thats alright I had cash, good old cash. So I got on my computer to look at the account. Last transaction that went through was me putting $20 of gas in my car (Jetta). (there is also a transaction where my account pulled some money from savings, which means this was after my account went negative). That is about half a tank in that car. After that all I see is my account going negative. I did some quick math and it would appear as if my card was charged $75. I have not taken my card anywhere since the gas station. And my car physically cant take $75 worth of gas. I really think my card was run twice or something like that. $75 even is too much of an exact number. Nothing costs $75 except the gas station which you tell them how much to use. And where else do cards get run as credit as default except fast food ($75 of fast food :sick: ). Will my bank help me with this or do I need to go talk to the gas station. Oh I wish we could pump our own gas in oregon.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

online banking , online-bill pay , instant statements of current credit's/debit's into checking/savings accounts

There is a lot more "mix-ups" now-adays ,,, I had random fast-food charges to places I never go too ( about 4-6 of them a few months ago ) I have also had international telemarketing company's "fraud" my credit card

Good luck , and take care of promptly as you can for your credibility :)

Give Monkey a Dr. Pepper and he will do anything , INDY has oics to prove it :lol: :P ;)

Back on topic ^^^ I have had about 2 serious fraud charges on my credit card ( that I didn't do <_< ) ,,, and multiple tiny ones ,,, yes banks will help you ,,, be honest they already know MOST of the answers to the questions they will ask you in determination of the charges in question

INDY your at 2,100 posts yay ! :w00t: :lol:

Im almost at 200 and still a hall monitor! YAY ME!!!

:lol: ,,, I think it's like 300+ to be "senior member"

Yeah, if it bugs you that much, just put up a TON of posts consisting of nothing more than " . ".

... wait, that's already been done :P