Card run twice at gas station?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there is just a pre-auth. amount. I used to run Av-gas 100 octane low lead in my 521, wich was awesome since i lived at an airport and it was easier to go fill up there than anywhere else, but i found out after hours when I used my card that the system there put a 300$ pre authorize amount on my card, since avgas was like 3.89 a gallon and airplanes have big tanks. Nothing much to worry about, but if it isn't off there in a day or two i would pitch a bitch.

Bill<----------been here since mid 07' and am still monitoring the halls!

I have been using this gas station for years and never had a "pre auth" amount deducted from my account. I also said I want $20 regular. The guy took my card and ran it at the pump, like they always do. I have been going to this particular gas station since I could drive. I also look at my bank account online often. I have never seen anything like what happened before.

The station might have changed who they run their transactions through.

Apparently thats what happened between this week and last week it would look like. But still does it really make sense that I ask specifically for $20 and I get charged that instantly it looks like, and they charge me $75. That is 3.75 times more than I asked for. If I went and got $60 in gas would they have charged me $225 extra to make sure the funds are there? All I know is that it isnt fun getting your card denied :angry: first time for me.

i guess i missed the "pre pay" part and assumed you were "filling up"

with a pre pay of say $20, only the $20 will hit your accnt, there should not be a authorization hold amount. its like purchasing a pack of smokes, it only cost's so much. its not like that 20 might end up being 50.

so either you got your accnt hacked, or the douche you handed your card to didnt do a prepay and did a fill but stopped at 20. this goes back to my orig post dont give your card to anybody

i would definitely call your bank. then depending on what they say, head back to that gas station and talk to the manager.

there is also a super high chance that the system at that site may of changed recently. the FDIC has mandated that ALL debit/credit processing be triple encrypted by jan 1 2011, so most everywhere is getting new card readers, software, ect. we were pretty stupid busy at work installing new systems for the last year, and are now pretty much done, but i do know that in my company, your neck of the woods is still a lil behind as a lot of stations down there can barely be called a franchise, and the owners dont seem to give a F about corporate needs.

im not even going to start on the tool sheds that work at gas stations. if you happen to be said tool shed, i apologize, you cant be that bad if your reading this. but 99% of the F'ers out there say stuff like this to me "usually i kick it like this *kicks PC tower that runs the store* and everything goes back to normal, but this time i kicked it and nothing happened" :blink:

gary-busey-raped-my-mother-moral-de.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think I just woke up my parents, . because I was literally laughing out loud............ oh shit.... here comes Gary ... ... .. . HAHHAHAHAAHAHAAHA ... Garey Busey Raped my Mom .... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA :rofl: