looking for electronic distributor

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you're in the PNW so lots or wrecking yards with Datsuns. If hunting, the L 4 cyl matchbox type were on the '79 620, '80 720, '79 A-10 (later HL510)

The remote igniter type were used on the same vehicles the previous year only unless it was a California car or truck. The remote igniter type have a much larger box usually mounted under the dash but they can easily be converted to use the $8 GM HEI unit.

If you are still looking, I have one from a '79 620. Good tight bushings, a bit of up/down play in the shaft, vacuum advance moves the plate when sucked on, includes L20 base, cap, rotor, plug wires that came with it if you want em. I'm pricing it at $75 plus postage. Maybe that sounds high, I don't know for sure, but I hate to do a give-away price and need it myself later. This isn't the same dizzy I mentioned in a post a few weeks ago when skunk was looking for one. That one had wear to the bushings. This is a better one.

But if you have the time to hit the wrecking yards, follow datzenmike's advice, and you should be able to find a cheaper one. Watch for worn bushings, though.

Len

If you are still looking, I have one from a '79 620. Good tight bushings, a bit of up/down play in the shaft, vacuum advance moves the plate when sucked on, includes L20 base, cap, rotor, plug wires that came with it if you want em. I'm pricing it at $75 plus postage. Maybe that sounds high, I don't know for sure, but I hate to do a give-away price and need it myself later. This isn't the same dizzy I mentioned in a post a few weeks ago when skunk was looking for one. That one had wear to the bushings. This is a better one.

But if you have the time to hit the wrecking yards, follow datzenmike's advice, and you should be able to find a cheaper one. Watch for worn bushings, though.

Len

75 is a bit high, more around 40 is the right price. hell for 115 you can get a reman from napa. If spending 75, it'd be worth the extra $ to just get a reman with all new bushings and matchbox.

Not trying to :poop: on your sale, just sayin. ;)

75 is a bit high, more around 40 is the right price. hell for 115 you can get a reman from napa. If spending 75, it'd be worth the extra $ to just get a reman with all new bushings and matchbox.

Yeah, I almost included a line in my post "If my price is too high, I'm sure I'll hear about it from Ratsuners." I'm not sure what I based the $75 price on. Either asking prices here on Ratsun, or maybe eBay sales. So I'm going to drop my price to $60, plus postage. Less than that, and I'll keep it as a spare.

I was going to say anyone looking for a matchbox dizzy should go for the $115 NAPA one (even though I tend to be suspicious of reman parts. Some are great, some are junk. I've done well with NAPA though), which I suppose includes a new module and vacuum advance. However, I just looked up a '79 620 dizzy at NAPA online. The online price is $154, plus a $33 dollar core charge, plus shipping. I don't know if the in-store price is the same, but it would include sales tax of around 9% here in WA. Still might be worth it to some people, especially if you have something laying around that will work for a core. Me, I'm cheap, and always go with used parts, including starters and alternators.

Len

$75 doesnt sound like a bad deal!

i do however have my points set fine and the car running great. i dont mind adjusting the points every now and then, so i'll probably save my money and buy a reman. i didnt know they made them til now!!! ;)

$75 is a very good price. I bought mine on eBay, years ago, for $125. Yeah, I know, a lot, but I was tired of looking for a EI distributor and striking out at the yards.

I got one that I'll sell ya for $25, the bushing are a bit worn and its missing the cover on the matchbox but it worked on my car until I found a better replacement in the JY. I even have a friend in battleground that I can send it with, to save the drive to Beaverton. BTW you know you need a differand coil with this, right?

Thanks to Hainz and everyone for saying I wasn't totally nuts with the $75 price. Note in my 2nd post I said I'd drop the price to $60, and nice guy that I am, I'll stick to that. So if anyone wants it for $60 plus postage, let me know. I can even hold it for a week or so if you need to wait for payday or something. What I'd like to do is stick it in my 200SX and run it for a week or so to be sure it is okay, but I've got plenty of other things to do. If I test run it, I'll likely up the price.

As for the $25 one CorAce offered, Autozone (maybe) lists dizzy bushings on their website for not much money. I want to get some for another diz I have and see how hard they are to install. Probably not much to it, except for the time thing. I'll save that one for winter.

Len

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.