msd 6al box

datsunfish

I have been thinking about getting an MSD 6AL multi spark box and was wondering if anyone has some input on these. I have a single sidedraft,lynk x-over manifold,big valves,medium regrind cam ported peanut head,matchbox electronic dizzy,msd blaster,moroso 8mm wires blah etc....Its a great smooth very responsive ride but was thinking this might help it perform a little better,maybe get the most out of this setup as possible and clean up the fuel stank and buildup.

These are expensive so it would be nice to get some input from someone with experience with these. I also read in the weber writeup sticky that these are great for duals and I want to use my mikunis someday.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MSD:

All things being equal,a 6AL box will not improve anything over a PROPERLY set-up electronic ignition.HOWEVER,they do provide easier starts and clean up the idle if you happen to be a "little fat down low".In addition, the rev limiter is really, REALLY cheap insurance.

Pertronix is garbage.I wouldn't put one on my lawn mower.And i don't have one.

Race cars use two MSD boxes because they are RACE CARS and not because there is a problem with the MSD boxes.If there was,they wouldn't even put them on the car to begin with.

Last but not least-MSD's customer service outstanding and should be the industry standard.

Race cars use two MSD boxes because they are RACE CARS and not because there is a problem with the MSD boxes.If there was,they wouldn't even put them on the car to begin with.

Last but not least-MSD's customer service outstanding and should be the industry standard.

I'm just saying that out of my experience of being at the race track every weekend working on asphalt circle track cars... Pro late models and super trucks. The boxes randomly go bad, probably because of the vibration. Street cars are much more unfortunate because you are usually more than 400 feet from your truck full of tools and spare parts when parts break.