Looking for some L13/L14 Connecting Rods

I Haven't even seen one of these motors for sale let alone in anybodies car yet on here but I wanted to at least ask if anybody has some L13/L14 Connecting rods they might be willing to part with :) Not looking to pay a fortune, just playing around with a Frankenstein build :cool: Also while I'm here if anyone has a cheap steering wheel hub adapter a good friend of mine is need of one (steering wheel too) but mostly just looking for a cheap hub :) Thx, L1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

High comp L20 pistons on a l20 crank with a 219 sss head and L20b block. Just checking if anybody even has some 13/14's rods. Most likely will end up using L16's though.

Can't be stock but custom pistons??? You will need a piston pin height of 49.45mm

1/2 86mm stroke + L14 rod = 178mm. The L20B is 227.45mm tall, so you would need 227.45mm - 178mm = 49.45mm tall piston to reach the deck height. Stock L pistons are 38.1mm tall. Wtf?

Most likely will end up using L16's though.

This will be even worse. The L16 rods are 6.9mm shorter so the piston would have to be 6.9mm taller or 56.35mm.

Maybe I'm not getting it. What are you trying to accomplish?

Muahahaha! I stumped Mike! J/K ;) I have been messing around with the Helix's Engine design program: OZdat I'm building a turbo l20 with a sss 219 head. Upon messing around with it a believe it has some flaws: states that stock compression of a L18 is 33:1 and so forth but if you customize the parts specs enough it is a handy tool. Basically I want to put a 219 head on a L20 block and get a turbo friendly compression ratio (around 7.8) using the utility with everything stock bottom end one a L20 with a 219 head you get a 25.1:1 ratio. So I have been interchanging parts and find that if I run a l20 block, l20 crank, L16 rods, and flattops I get a 6.8:1 ratio. Well I'm looking at some custom build high comp pistons that I don't have exact specs on but are obviously +cc:

pistons.JPG

So still being in the design process of my engine I wanted to test the waters on some rare connecting rods that I could swap out to get to the ratio I am looking for. I'm allways open to idea's of course :)

I'm not looking for fast/cheap/easy. Also I don't have a L16. I currently have a L18 with a 219 head and nice dual SU's in my dime. I'm looking for a really COOL engine to build over the next year and I currently own a complete L20/u67, a F'ing sweet 219 that has been polished to hell with spray bar & titanium seats and guides, a like new Garret T2 turbo, & a pair of great shape 3 screw Z SU's (one mostly for parts) I also have a hookup on those pistons. I really value my fellow Ratsun members Idea's and input (especially DatsunMike, Dislexicdime, Bonvo, Skib, & some others) that helped me through several issues with getting 510 into the awesome shape it is now :) I hate being stubborn but I'm looking to build a nice solid CLASSIC engine with some upgrades that will be fun/unique/fast. I'm getting carried away here but I have just been spending to much time with you new school engine guys, ahem (Frank & Jeff) :P Who keep giving me shit about building a dope L motor when I could just drop a SR20 in! I work on my dime for the love of Datsun's and the awesome fusion of new & old, not to be the 'fastest' or 'easiest' Please excuse my rant :fu:

I'm not looking for fast/cheap/easy. Also I don't have a L16. I currently have a L18 with a 219 head and nice dual SU's in my dime. I'm looking for a really COOL engine to build over the next year and I currently own a complete L20/u67, a F'ing sweet 219 that has been polished to hell with spray bar & titanium seats and guides, a like new Garret T2 turbo, & a pair of great shape 3 screw Z SU's (one mostly for parts) I also have a hookup on those pistons. I really value my fellow Ratsun members Idea's and input (especially DatsunMike, Dislexicdime, Bonvo, Skib, & some others) that helped me through several issues with getting 510 into the awesome shape it is now :) I hate being stubborn but I'm looking to build a nice solid CLASSIC engine with some upgrades that will be fun/unique/fast. I'm getting carried away here but I have just been spending to much time with you new school engine guys, ahem (Frank & Jeff) :P Who keep giving me shit about building a dope L motor when I could just drop a SR20 in! I work on my dime for the love of Datsun's and the awesome fusion of new & old, not to be the 'fastest' or 'easiest' Please excuse my rant :fu:

Ah, that makes more sense.

Please don't part out the L14!

The L14 belongs in a Datsun B110, where Nissan meant for them to be.

Is it a twin carb or single carb L14?

By the time I got it it was a block that had been sitting outside, and the head removed, though I bought the head. Actually just bought the head but insisted on the block being thrown in with the deal. The engine had been in an abandoned 521, where the engine came from no one knows. Central America? Japan? In any case it wasn't in very good shape, had patches over some of the freeze plugs and such.

L14-3.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.