This Brand of Timing Chain Kit Any Good ?

Ok Ratsun ,

I need an new Timing Chain Kit for an L24 Engine I am working on I keyword Google , and came up with this company below ,

It it is priced at $45.00 , and $58.00 to my door ,,,, Visit this Link here ---> http://www.store.partsdinosaur.com/product2041.html#2041 <---

Question is

(1) Has anyone on Ratsun ever bought from these guys or used this Brand "PCI" ( Preferred Components Inc. ) ?

(2) What Brands of Timing Chain Kit's have you used and do you like/dis-like ? ( I have stuck with Beck Arnley until now )

Thanks in advanced for any input :) and here's a oic ;)

TS10600a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Skib ! Yeah I figured I got an American ( or other mexican/taiwan , wherever ? ) one when I ripped it off today , no gold chain links to align with and the sprocket numbering was backwards from my Beck-Arnley kit :blink: ..... :unsure: ....... :rolleyes:

:lol:

thanks banzai510 , and skib

I just cleaned off the timing chain I took off with "no bright marked links" that I claimed earlier , and throughly looked for the "bright/gold looking links" , and there were none <_<

All help/experience is appreciated guys :D

At your local friendly NAPA, you can get a good quality NAPA brand timing kit, or a better Altrom version kit, which is usually O.E. replacement. I think it may be OSK, can't remember. It's in a light blue and white box. Either way, both are good quality kits and if you don't have a Super Homie Hookup Datsun Discount (available at the Airway Heights, WA NAPA), you can let me know and I'll give you a quote. I might even ship it to a fellow ratsuner of good standing.

Never seen the PCI kit, I'd inquire as to its country of origin. Seems pretty cheap at $58 shipped.

At your local friendly NAPA, you can get a good quality NAPA brand timing kit, or a better Altrom version kit, which is usually O.E. replacement. I think it may be OSK, can't remember. It's in a light blue and white box. Either way, both are good quality kits and if you don't have a Super Homie Hookup Datsun Discount (available at the Airway Heights, WA NAPA), you can let me know and I'll give you a quote. I might even ship it to a fellow ratsuner of good standing.

Never seen the PCI kit, I'd inquire as to its country of origin. Seems pretty cheap at $58 shipped.

Thanks man :D ,,,, I just might take ya up on that ;)

You know, I just remembered this from supplying my Datsun guru with multiple roadster timing sets, I don't think we offer a timing kit in Altrom for the L16, but we offer one for the L20, which is weird. What I've been doing is ordering the 20B set and then just ordering the Altrom L16 chain (by itself) and then including that. I'm not sure why the OSK or whatever sets aren't available through Altrom, but figured a way around it anyway. I'm working tomorrow from 10:40 on, store number is 509-244-2520, just mention Datsun nuts, they guys will put you through to me.

• 1 year later...

I just got my OSK timing kit and the cam gear does not have the V-notch. I was thinking of using the one from my L-16, would this be a problem? :unsure:

If it doesn`t look worn out ( as mentioned in post #4 above ) it should be fine..

When i was showing my son how to re-ring his motor the brand new Cloyes set didn`t have notches either,,so to show him the little marks he should be looking for and where they should be,, i used an old one,,and i am to lazy to change back..runs fine

I don't even bother to look at the notch. Just put in cam hole #3 and go. (Actually number 4 on mine) But I prefer the older style gear. I'm using the stock iron cross cam gear out of an L16 on my L20. Unknown mileage on it. Teeth aren't even slightly worn really.