Mercedes Z car?

Has anyone seen the blurb in the new Road and Track about Nissan merging with Mercedes. They might be basing the next Z car off the Mercedes platform? They will be building the next Infiniti sedans on the Mercedes platform for sure. What hasn't Mercedes whored out? That stupid Chrysler crossfire, the engine in the Dodge Sprinter vans (good engine actually), but still. F the Germans, I don't want the Z sullied by a mostly Mercedes drivetrain. I mean hell, they were going to build a Titan in conjunction with Dodge, what the fuck? Where's the pride in manufacturing? Where's the originality?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nissan died in 1998, when Renault bailed them out. Then they killed the compact pickup. Why? I don't understand!!!!!???? :(

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should leave the Z car to Datsun guys. Ever since the Z32, I wasn't very impressed. The 370 is pretty cool, but I think the 350 is kind of annoying and a little too slow for a Z car.

Seriously though, I think they should leave the Z alone for a while.

Well hopefully MB doesn't implement any of their electronics on Nissan cars. Germans cannot do electronics right. Every German based vehicle I've sat in always had some sort of electrical problem that never gets fixed. From VW to BMW to Mercedes- nothing works as it should.

They should leave the Z car to Datsun guys. Ever since the Z32, I wasn't very impressed. The 370 is pretty cool, but I think the 350 is kind of annoying and a little too slow for a Z car.

Seriously though, I think they should leave the Z alone for a while.

I have owned 3 240z's ( still own 1 daily driver/project and a total project :lol: ) , nothing else in the z series , I would rather have a new 300zx than a 350 or 370z , but I still like em all :D .........

Guest 510kamikazifreak

:lol: ......... do not blame him ,,,,,,,,, there was no toilet paper left :blink: :P ///////////// ohhhhhhhh sooooooo smoooooootttttthhhhhh :lol:

:lol:

Sticky fingers :o :lol:

Musta used metamucil for smooth transaction :ninja: :rofl:

what can you do? If nissan hadn't merged with renault they would have continued down the road to bankruptcy. Fact of the matter is the majority of us enthusiasts aren't the ones buying the new cars keeping them in business, I highly recommend this book about the merger it is VERY intersting and informative.

ghosen.jpg

Guest 510kamikazifreak

what can you do? If nissan hadn't merged with renault they would have continued down the road to bankruptcy. Fact of the matter is the majority of us enthusiasts aren't the ones buying the new cars keeping them in business, I highly recommend this book about the merger it is VERY intersting and informative.

ghosen.jpg

Throne material thisismatt :lol:

Yeah, I know he/they saved Nissan's ass, but still. You know the reason Nissan went downhill in the first place? Instead of pussing out and giving us the KA, they should have killed the Z car for 91 and introduced the 240sx with the proper SR20DET Japan got. They would have beaten the pants off everything, including domestics, and done it cheaper, with more profit. There was no reason they couldn't. Other than Nissan was too conservative for it's own good.

The hardbody pickup was IMMENSELY successful, but they needed more power. How about the diesel they optioned everywhere else? Look how much people pay for used Dodge diesels.

Nissan was in essence the reservoir dog of the automotive world for the US anyway. All the possibilities and talent, yet they'd rather guard the well than take a risk. It's so tragic. They could have been bigger than Toyota if they'd just grown a pair of stones and offered some serious power in the US.

If they had started in 91, it wouldn't have been that bad. Besides, most cool states don't care that much, meaning you can "bypass" certain pesky things, and in just another 6 years, we could all have had "too old" emissions exempt SR20DETs. And really, the NA SR made 140hp even with emissions status from 91-98 or whenever they stopped optioning that in the B15 Sentras.

You know I NEVER share my opinions on ratsun! C'mon, I hold back too much, think I might have a coronary! :P

Hey, and where's your avatar Indy? Doesn't that count for "pics or ban?" :D

Actually, I do like the Clio sport Renault made. That's one bad-ass mid engine. If they could have borrowed that and packaged it as Nissan, I'd be all for it!

renaultcliov6.jpg

Mmm...that's probably the only Frenchy thing I would drive..that or maybe an Alpine A610...iunno, something about it...HA and that was a Renault too, before they scrapped Alpine.

why does everyone have a bender avatar? idk

and for some reason everyone says I look like fry....not sure if thats a good thing. But back on topic, a lot of car parts are interchanged between companies. So as for Mercades and Nissan...well......axis powers reunite? ahh bad jokes, I got em. dry.gif