ZX11 Carbs on A15 Engine.

Mini-L320

So I've started this about 1 month ago. Its been a real pain in the ass :angry: . But Im almost done.

Materials I used.

4- 1.25'' Tubing (4 inches long) Steel

4- Tubing adapter from 1 1/2 to 1 1/8.

4- pieces of radiator hose cut about 3 inches long

a Set of ZX11 Carburetors. They are 40mm. Keihin CVK40's. Picked them up for $100. which is really really cheap. You can also go with the R1 carbs but will cost $200 and Plus+. I just got lucky :D with these.

Photo0138.jpg

Photo0137.jpg

Photo0136.jpg

Photo0135.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet man! I've been wanting to do that for some time now, never really known how till now. Nice work!

Just a thought... this should get moved over to write ups. cool.gif

Edited by metalmonkey47

looks badass!

your gonna need to get some silicone couplers tho. the gas will eat up that rubber in a heartbeat...

this is what i wanna do with my truck tho. i wanted to do the r1 carbs, but theyre spendy..

Yeah definately, I will buy some on ebay. I just put radiator hose just to see how it will look like for now

I've seen many people using the R1 carbs, but yeah they are real pricey over $200+. I got lucky and paid $100 for the ZX carbs.

theres a quick vid on youtube with a 510 (L16) with R1 carbs running, thats how I got the idea for doing this.

NICE Mang... Ya fukin beat me too it! I like that shit is Sexy Azz, tryin to get together the supplies for my next creation... the more carbs the better!

Damn Right! :D. The More Carbs u got= the cooler ur Datsun Is, hehe. :P

I just finished welding it up and its all set ready to get bolted on. Just gotta put on the new intake/exhaust gasket. Next I just have to make a small hole on each intake tube for my Brake Booster.

If all works perfectly. And hope it does I will see if i can make another set of Intake Plates. But its pretty easy.

Just get a 1 1/4 Hole Saw. and mount it on a Drill press and away making holes u go. the plate is 1/4 (.25) inch thick.

I just traced the Plate itself from the Gasket.

as long as the Carbs came off of a motorcycle thats over 600cc's you should be Ok. I've been watching a couple of videos people using the R6 carbs also.

Sounds good then. How was it tuning and synchronizing? Or have you not run it yet.

Synchronizing shouldn't be an issue as long as no one has messed with it since they are a "rack" of carbs. When I did my Mikunis I had to jet up quit a bit because they were off a 600 Katana (same carbs as GSXR1100 but jetted differently). My car doesn't have power brakes but there should be no reason that a single runner source shouldn't work unless your booster is ruptured. I welded a small tube to the bottom of each runner and ran vacuum hoses to a small pipe fitting that had my PCV screwed into it. I thought it would help balance the carbs but it might have been unnecessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started up the 210 today with the ZX carbs and started right up :hyper: :w00t: . Im very happy :D with all the time and effort that i put into this project. Came out perfectly :) . Now all i just have to do is Tune the carbs a bit :sweat: , cause the car wont stay running smoothly. But I am very happy. I will get a video up for you guys when i get it tuned and running properly.

HURRY!! I wanna see. It looks quite simple, so I may look into doing this on mine :)

Dude, Fore Reel! Its Super Simple, and Im Total Cereal! When Pappy and I did mine, we were real worried about startup and driveability. Were totally blown away by how plug and play it was!

Cant wait to see it run, WooT! Need Moar Charbsss!