nuff's 67 toyota stout

i havent had the internet in a while, but i picked up this http://toyotaminis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5106&highlight=stout

it was the international harvester looking thing at potd 2010 (photo courtesy of bleach)

desmoinespotd2010%20027.jpg

running and driving survivor, doesnt get anywhere fast and leaks all over the place doing it :D

havent done much to it cept get the motor running the best it can and get it clean. tossed on my keystones cuz i couldnt stand the stock wheels.

DSCN1416.jpg

plans include everything to make this picture real plus a 1uz, need something easier to start.

stout_concept2.jpg

there is a absolute $hit ton of pics here: http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j204/CB_shonuff/stout/

pictures of every page of the owners manual here: http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j204/CB_shonuff/stout/washed/owners%20manual/

DSCN1285.jpg

real work will begin this winter.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a serious quote for a windshield @ $2.5k :blink:

the current one is the OG one, and it took a golf ball or something and the outerlayer has a 2in hole (see pics in link)

im gonna have to be seriously balling to even replace it, let alone get a chopped one made. its got a arch top to bottom, and curved at the corners. so maybe in 10yrs when theres nothing else to do to it.

any pics of the motor

I know where a complete parts truck minus back window (i think) for 5-600 bucks... Least it was for sale some time ago, i drove by it last week.

im very interested in the parts truck, finders fee interested. and damm you :D

theres a bunch of motor pics in the links but ill use bleaches pics instead, looks a ton like a datsun motor, even got the retarded married intake/exhaust

desmoinespotd2010%20025.jpg

desmoinespotd2010%20026.jpg

ps: its a 4speed column shift

desmoinespotd2010%20031.jpg

well the ad isn't on craigs list anymore, it was in afield when i saw it the ad. When i drove by it, it was on a trailer. the guy might have just loaded it up to clean the land

Its north of long beach WA a little ways just off the main road. Ill see about heading out there and talking with someone or leaving a note on the truck for you.

And damn! that truck is cool! Motor reminds me of the a15... interior is awesome. Gotta love the 60s man, shit was great then. I loved my 63 and 64 F100's. That truck reminds me of a mazda repu also... body wise

I see Manson Marine in the background! Ever go th Hudsons?

havent been there yet, got seattle radiator works building something for my wagon tho, and its next door. more likely to find me in georgetown or hooverville

need to get some fender mirrors, and dump thos ugo truck mirrors. That thing is awesome.

not only are the ugly, but they have a blue oval on em :blink:

got some sweet ass chevron mirrors off a 620 to go on. hate fender mirrors, but it looks like the OG mirrors may have been mounted to the A pillar, if you could call it that.

teh interwebz say that it was available as a 1 ton 2wd with dual A-arms up front (what i got, aka "stout lite") the 1.5 ton with a I beam front axl, and a 4wd 1 ton. with double cab and custom beds, seen some crazy ones out of africa with 4-6 doors.

Thats a cool stout. I had a chance at one a long while ago.

I'm pretty sure theres some guys with some sort of body shop a little bit south of sutherlin oregon that has what looks like three stouts. I've never stopped to check them out but its hard to mistake those hood mounted lights.

i got a serious quote for a windshield @ $2.5k :blink:

the current one is the OG one, and it took a golf ball or something and the outerlayer has a 2in hole (see pics in link)

im gonna have to be seriously balling to even replace it, let alone get a chopped one made. its got a arch top to bottom, and curved at the corners. so maybe in 10yrs when theres nothing else to do to it.

Looks like time to make a polycarbonate one for a while, at least till you can find a reasonable real one. That's what I had to do in my Hearse, it took 10 years to find one. Finally, my buddy found me a brand new windshield in Mexico.

• 3 months later...

So what would you be willing to pay for a new Stout windshield (if such a rare item were to exist)?

Hmmm.

GreyShadow

i know who you are, i see through your clever screen name. :lol:

ya ive been slackin on the update here, waiting to pickup the last one and formulate a plan of attack. this is more of a "cliff notes" thread, for the meat and potatoes go to www.blacksheepauto.com

right now the one pictured in this thread is forsale w/stock wheels, asking $1500 ish. definite ratsun discount, and if its you fisch maybe we can trade...

but ya i got 3 stouts now and GreyShadow only has one left, but its mine muuwhaaahaaahaaa ha :P

i have also secured a motor/body-less 78 hilux frame with disc and basically the same suspension, cept it unbolts from the frame unlike the stouts welded in x-mem.

this weekend im buying my mom either a blue IS250/300 or a RAV4 if they come in blue. then while i build my credit paying off the new used car for mom, i can take her 95 LS400 and use the motor and many other bits on the 78 frame, this may be a IRS stout before im done.

but at the moment im gonna frankin-datsun some shit on my wheeler and get it out of the garage.

but thats another story...