510 engine harness diagram

Skib

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they just are the ones that cross under the raditor to the driver side corner for the lights, dizzy, coil, ect. it fires up and runs but idk what the rest of these are for.

theres black/blue, black/green, yellow, red/blue, green/red, green, and blue/yellow so far

Ok, I have no way of scanning it, and the pics I would take w/ my phone would be worthless. :( What are the wire colors and what do they come from? I could tell you, since I have the diagram sitting in my lap.

that's cool of you man ! maybe mail it too him , he can scan , and send it back ?

Just off the top of my head, the green is the horn, green/red is turn signal, red/blue is headlight, and black/green typically goes to distributor. I'll try and find the other ones on the schematic..

is the black/green for duel points? cuz it had all the stuff for duel in it but I have a single

and not sure on the red/blue my head light plugs all have the 3 prong plugs on them for the lights. this one has a bullet connector on it

The only solid yellows I see are between the alt. and regulator, and between the fuel tank and sending unit. Looks like the black/blue connects to the ballast resistor(coil side), and it looks like there's a blue/yellow that connects to the carburetor switch(also third-gear switch), as well as one that connects to the wiper motor.

Yeah, my dual points in my pickup uses the black/green, also the single in my 610 did, but I converted to electronic in that. As far as the red/blue bullet connector, there's also one that connects to an engine room lamp, from the looks of it.

page 181 in the haynes manual.

the dime quarterly has some the basic drwg in the eleltrical section. I cant post any more.

blkblu is the 12volt START. Bypasses the ballast resisitor so you have more current to ignition.

blk green is the continuation from the ballast resisitor to the coil when key goes back to RUN to cut the current so you dont burn up your points.

hopefully your running this set up if using points and using the stock resisitance coil.

diagrams you need? diagrams i have :D

Emailing what i got

edit

pdf wiring diagram for 71 510 sedan emailed skib.. i have one other thing i could maybe scan and send if needed also

Edited by h2theizzo