• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get a real battery holder tie down.Not a bungy cord

get real battery cables ,ones with the molded ends

put a nice crome side mirrow

read olddatsuns.com

ck the tran oil level and diff level.

convert to electronic ignition as soon as possible this will save alot of heartache unless your good at points adjustment which alot of young guys know nothing about

get a real battery holder tie down.Not a bungy cord

get real battery cables ,ones with the molded ends

put a nice crome side mirrow

read olddatsuns.com

ck the tran oil level and diff level.

convert to electronic ignition as soon as possible this will save alot of heartache unless your good at points adjustment which alot of young guys know nothing about

thanks for the advise Hainz.

look like a good set up you got already, weber carb

the iteam I list will hemp in the longivity of the rig.

also maybe a solid state volt reg will next iteam to find also

the batt end capble you have get corrotion proplems and also the 521 fuse box area. most times this is the proplem with lights ,battery not charhing ect.....

dual points suck

when possible find a single point distributor with the timming mount and converrt to a Pertronix or get a Matchbox IG with the coil. I myself havent change a cap in rotor in over 5-8 years.

Not sure if you know this already, but if you want heat for when it starts to get cold. Your heater core isnt hooked up. Might have been disconnected because of a leak at the core or one of the hoses sprung a leak (like mine did last week) and it is just a quick fix.

Not sure if you know this already, but if you want heat for when it starts to get cold. Your heater core isnt hooked up. Might have been disconnected because of a leak at the core or one of the hoses sprung a leak (like mine did last week) and it is just a quick fix.

yea what do i need to do to fix it?

yea what do i need to do to fix it?

Well, if it is the heater core that is leaking. either a new one or find the hole and solder it. But, hopefully you just need to get the two hoses that go to the heater core which is located on the firewall behind the engine. I believe the hoses go from 3/4" from the block to 5/8" to the core. Does anyone know some good part numbers for heater hoses?

Well, if it is the heater core that is leaking. either a new one or find the hole and solder it. But, hopefully you just need to get the two hoses that go to the heater core which is located on the firewall behind the engine. I believe the hoses go from 3/4" from the block to 5/8" to the core. Does anyone know some good part numbers for heater hoses?

well i do remember him sayin sumthing bout it leaking. where is the best place to find a replacement heater core?

why is there a gap here? truck has been lowered using spacers!!!!!!!If not lowering blocks youl have a huge gas as thats your traval

You serious? Thats your travel till you hit the rubber bump stop. see if you can remove it to give you more travel. But then it will be metal on metal. or just grind more of the rubber off.

your from will have one too. I removed mine.

why is there a gap here? truck has been lowered using spacers!!!!!!!If not lowering blocks youl have a huge gas as thats your traval

You serious? Thats your travel till you hit the rubber bump stop. see if you can remove it to give you more travel. But then it will be metal on metal. or just grind more of the rubber off.

your from will have one too. I removed mine.

sorry hainz im new to the whole Datsun thing so.. im gonna ask ALOT of dumbass ?'s

Doug and Ben live your way they can help

So can I

But one thing that was best 75$ ever spent was me putting a electronic ignition on my rig. It saves alot of heartache on soemone whos not familier with points ignitions.

If you have a single point dist you can put or I a Pertronix in there. Or if you find a matchbox that will be good also.

Buy a slave cylinder and brake/clutch master if your stuff is old. if you think your going to keep the rig long. Most od this stuff isnt in the store and is a order item.

stayed up late replacing Datto510(Eric's) clutch master and slave on his 521 last nite till 12:30.