clutch help

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30210-20111 from nissanparts.cc enter in blank in corner of website

Daiken makes good clutches is you want

stockhttp://catalog.importrp.com/ShopByVehicle.epc?catid=Clutch+Components@@Clutch+Components&mode=PS

or varios other sources.http://catalog.importrp.com/ShopByVehicle.epc?catid=Clutch+Components@@Clutch+Components&mode=

PS might need a new slave cylinder also

When you do get a new clutch, you might also check to see about an Exedy or a Valeo clutch set. I don't know what a clutch set in those brands are at Brand X auto parts stores, but I know from my suppliers I can pick them up for about half the price of some of the other clutch kits, and we have been using Valeo clutches for years at my shop with great success. I do not have any personal experience with Exedy clutches, but I have had friends that swear by them.

haha ya i hear they got lots of pressure, but as long as its got good grip thats all i care about :) when i replace this clutch, i dont want to have to do it for a while again..... so im willing to spend a few bucks... so from what i can tell im guna go with a roadster clutch, and im guna get my flywheel lightened down to 11lbs. soo... what is a really good disc to use? thats the only piece to the puzzle left.... unless the pressure plate should be changed to something besides the roadster.....

11 lbs isn't practical on a stock flywheel. This is for racing where you don't stop much and every hp is important. The lightest I've heard of was 12 lbs and the starter ring gear was welded on to hold it. So much metal is removed that the flywheel becomes too thin and unsafe. If going that light get an aluminum after market one but don't throw out you old one, you'll need it when you get tired of it. 14-16 lbs is fine. Just like exhaust pipe rsize, everyone thinks more is better. It ain't.

i loved it !I took the fly wheel in to a local machine shop(the owner raced 1200's) I told him to make it as light as he could but still be safe. I was running a l18 bored 30 over 11.5.1 comp 8500 rpm red line 1.5 intake ports gasket matched exhaust ports 44mm intake valves 35mm exhaust valves comp valve springs 480/280 cam un shrouded the valves also 38mm su's a roadster clutch and 5 transmissions .I kept braking them. subaru r160lsd with 370 gears. i would take the roadster clutch over the others in less i was using a bigger fly wheel. you have to use a 200mm fly wheel with the roadster clutch