HELP NEEDED...Any Nor Cal Ratsuner willing to lend garage/yard workspace to swap out my busted KA24DE

Hey fellow Ratsuners, I'm posting this to hopefully find someone willing to lend a spot to work on swapping out my busted KA24DE (broken timing chain) with a replacement KA24DE. Because I live in a condo with no garage, I can't do the swap here so I'm hoping to find someone in the bay area that can let me use thier garage/yard to do the swap. My KA24DE is from a S13 240SX so is the replacement so it should be a fairly straight forward swap with no wiring changes or anything funny so it should only take a weekend to complete.

My 510's was running great, up until 7 months ago when it shut off while merging onto the highway. I found that my KA24DE's timing chain broke and since then my poor 510 has been collecting dust in my car port, even being broken into by some lowlife bastards stealing a complete set of wheels I had in the back seat.

My friends Daniel and David and myself will be doing the wrenching so all we need is a place to get this done. So I'm reaching out to other Ratsun guys to see if you can help me out. I'd definately appreciate any help in this guys. I promise not to make any mess and if I do I'll clean it up & I can bring the pizza and beer :P

Thanks!!!

Mario

DSCN5456.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha TJ North. Thanks Mark, this is yet another reason I can't wait to get a house with a garage so I won't have to be in this predicament. It'll be Datsun central, mark my words!!! :)

I love my goon but my 2 door is getting jealous of not being driven!

Haha TJ North. Thanks Mark, this is yet another reason I can't wait to get a house with a garage so I won't have to be in this predicament. It'll be Datsun central, mark my words!!! :)

I love my goon but my 2 door is getting jealous of not being driven!

Depending on what your looking for and how long it will take I might be able to have you do it at my house...maybe... my driveway is full at the moment and I do not have a cherry picker. give me a call and we can talk about it

Clayton

Mario ... whats up man long time no talk .. guess ive been off the scene for a while. shit .. a long time i guess..... 7 months ago it happened? i didnt even know.. sad news about the timing chain... and really sorry to hear about getting broke into .. that fucking blows. well My garage is full of crap now so I cant even park my dime in there at the moment.. but ill pull it out onto the street and offer up my driveway to you if you need it... I know how it can be no having the space ... just let me know ... we would just have to organize it for one weeknd when im in town ..

Ben

Clayton & Ben: Thanks for the offer guys...I'll be calling you guys to see if we can work something out so we can knock it out quick so I don't have to take up your guy's spots too long. I appreciate you guys offering up the help!

Sure thing .. :thumbup: I know how it is not having the dime on the road.. i just got mine back into driving condition ... well for the most part .. i have a few goodies to throw at the motor still :) and just need to finish up building my new exhaust manifold and get a tune.

Do you think with a couple good mechanics and myself, it could be done in one full day/night?

I honestly think it can be done barring that there are no issues with the swap motor and everything goes smoothly.

We could just do it at my place since the motor is there already and I'm pretty sure I have all the tools needed for the job.

Just need a date where we can all get together and get it done. I can pull the goon out and clear some room in the garage or do it on the side of the house in the event it takes a little longer. Just need to push the mango back. Maybe Ben and Clayton would be down for that but not sure.

You got my number hit me up.

Dude if i had the room man i would totally let you use my yard, since i am in san jose too haha but i barely have room for my car haha and in a couple month i am going to have a 2nd car port on the side of my house but idk if u would wait that long haha

Clayton & Ben: Thanks for the offer guys...I'll be calling you guys to see if we can work something out so we can knock it out quick so I don't have to take up your guy's spots too long. I appreciate you guys offering up the help!

Any time Mario!

Do you think with a couple good mechanics and myself, it could be done in one full day/night?

I honestly think it can be done barring that there are no issues with the swap motor and everything goes smoothly.

We could just do it at my place since the motor is there already and I'm pretty sure I have all the tools needed for the job.

Just need a date where we can all get together and get it done. I can pull the goon out and clear some room in the garage or do it on the side of the house in the event it takes a little longer. Just need to push the mango back. Maybe Ben and Clayton would be down for that but not sure.

You got my number hit me up.

Im down to help out I think it would go rather quickly as long as everyone knows what to do and the order to do it in. I just pulled the motor and tore it down in less than 2 hours

let me know when boys I also am trying to get my gon done by JCCS

Clayton

Sorry for the delayed response...I would have replied earlier but had a mild ER visit into the wee hours of the morning but all is ok :)

Thanks for all the offers for help guys. I'll coordinate with you guys soon and ask you guys your schedules to get this done. I really appreciate the response from the guys posting and the PM's.

In the meantime if any of you guys need a hand in wrenching on any of your projects hit me up, glad to help out as well.

Mario

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys looks like next Saturday (8/14/10) is when my poor 510's KA swap will take place.

I'm posting this in hopes that it's enough time to let some of you local guys know that can come out to S. San Jose and lend a hand.

David's been nice enough to let me store my engine at his place and let me take my 510 over there to do the swap so I'd appreciate help to get this done teh sooner the better to get it out of his hair. :)

If any of you guys want to come help please post on here or PM me and I can give you the address or my number to set it up.

Thanks a lot guys!!!

Yeah there's already plenty of interest in it and that's before I've even decided on what to do with it.

I can't wait to get my dime back on the road. :D

Ok I'll be towing my 510 over to David's this Friday evening and we'll be starting to wrench on it on Saturday morning. If you guys can make it out to lend a hand I'd much appreciate it! I'll be bringing some Ratsun goodies for those that can help out (i.e. stickers). :)

We're gonna be in the Eastridge Mall area of San Jose. If you want to come over Saturday morning to help give me a text or call at 8314195010 and I'll give you the address :)

Thanks guys!

Yeah right...a 'real' friend would make the drive from San Diego to help a brother out! :P

No way...you're a true friend and I know you would help if you could.

I'll try to take pics but I gave my uncle visiting my folks my camera for him to use while he's here and I don't want to funk up my freebie iphone 4! :P

Looking forward to getting this underway, it's been a super busy and ass kicking week at work so getting to work on my 510 will be a relief, just hope nothing happens to throw a ratsun wrench in the plan.

I'll give some of you guys who've offered up to help a call either tomorrow Friday or at least a text message letting you know more info about what time we plan on starting but I'm sure you can roll on in when you can. Thanks!!!

• 3 months later...