Are these guys serious?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way, 10K? I mean, you can reproduce those for less then $100. The car was just over 100K new, so 1/10th of that is flares? Seems king of silly to me.

If the Porsche guys are like the VW ones in any sense they value them at that and odds are there is someone willing to pay it. :D

Porsche, if you can afford one you don't ask how much. More likely you are only used to saying "how soon" and "get it done."

Everything is relative: In Datsun terms it's a matchbox dizzy, a 620/510/610 or 710 factory clock or tach, a Roadster LSD diff, JDM tail lights.

Porsche, if you can afford one you don't ask how much. More likely you are only used to saying "how soon" and "get it done."

Everything is relative: In Datsun terms it's a matchbox dizzy, a 620/510/610 or 710 factory clock or tach, a Roadster LSD diff, JDM tail lights.

lol I cringe at the cost of a roadster LSD lol

Well the 510 goon is an H-190 while the 710 is a smaller H-165-B same as the S10/S110 200sx. I just measured the backing plate bolt pattern that holds the axle in on the 620 (H190) and compared to the H165B from a 200sx and... not in any way close. The H165 B pattern is much smaller and smaller bolts. So I would say no.

I have a set of S110 ('80 200sx) rear axles with the rear disc brake set up on them. I am really hoping they will simply slip in my 710 solid axle without mods. I have held them up to my 710 and they 'look' like they will. Here's a picture of them:

S110 axle from an '81 200sx. Note the caliper bracket between the press on wheel bearing and the backing plate/splash shield.

710parts021Large.jpg

Here is the same axle beside the 710 rear end. Even the E brake looks similar.

710parts022Large.jpg

I really hope the 200sx axles will fit.

LEAF SPRINGS

I know the 620 are 1200mm and 2.5" wide and can only assume the 510 goons are similar.

I just measured the 710 and they are the same length/width. Arch will determine the ride height and the individual leaf thicknesses and combinations of will determine the load carrying and stiffness. I would guess the wagon spring if 1200mm (47.25") long or close, should fit the 710 but they almost for sure will be truck stiff.

What year 200sx is that? ..... disc brakes and a parking brake sounds good....... Is there any way to get a 200sx axle with a LSD?

So are 710 sedan axles the same as 710 goon axles?

Would the leaf spings and shocks going to just bolt up to the 200sx axle?....... that would be cool

I hope it works for you Mike,,,, so when you are done with all the hard work I can steal your idea .... :lol:

+1, my uncle's old 82' 911 Targa edition ( wide flares ) ---> had to have the engine PULLED OUT to change the oil everytime :rolleyes: , same with the spark plugs <_< :mellow: , badass little car though ! corners like no other :lol:

What year 200sx is that? ..... disc brakes and a parking brake sounds good....... Is there any way to get a 200sx axle with a LSD?

So are 710 sedan axles the same as 710 goon axles?

Would the leaf spings and shocks going to just bolt up to the 200sx axle?....... that would be cool

I hope it works for you Mike,,,, so when you are done with all the hard work I can steal your idea .... :lol:

The axles (not the rear end assy.) are from an '80 or maybe '81 (same) S110 with the Z20E motor. Axles that is. The S110 use coils but the H-165B axle housings, other that the spring mounts, should be the same.

I don't know of a factory LSD option, after all we're talking an L motor here. laugh.gif Datsun Competition (Nismo) did have the LSD units, supposedly.

The 710 sedan and the goon axles (not the whole rear end assy.) are identical by part numbers. The same.

The '81/'82 200sx used coil springs so no the complete rear axle assy. won't bolt up to the 710. This is why I am hoping just the axles will swap as they have the all important disc brakes on them.....

Failing that I could cut the disc brake bracket in such a way it would slide off/on from the side. Right now they have to be on the ends of the axles before the bearing is pressed on.

lol threads always go from "this" to "Hey Mike, whats this...?"

Hey man...... .. I'm getting some good info out of Mike right now.............. ... so no more Porsche talk in this thread.... okay?

It makes sense that the 200sx didn't have leaf springs,,,, I am just trying to find a stronger rear end... because Wagdatto broke his 510 goon's axle with a stock KA24DE.

So if I did find a LSD out of a 1980 200sx race car,,,, would the diff swap into the 710 axle housing?

If I had any fab skills I would start measuring a Toyota AE86 GTS axle housing.. ... LSD, disc brakes, coils, and I think it is narrower than the 710 axle:

ae86diffgts.jpg

0611sccp_12z%2B1985_corolla_gts%2Brear_suspension_bushings.jpg

Is that a 2 link? ........ that is stock with LSD and disc brakes only on the GTS models......... and these axles can hold up to the abuse of a drift car

But VGwagon has a RX7 rear end swap that looks interesting

It makes sense that the 200sx didn't have leaf springs,,,, I am just trying to find a stronger rear end... because Wagdatto broke his 510 goon's axle with a stock KA24DE.

So if I did find a LSD out of a 1980 200sx race car,,,, would the diff swap into the 710 axle housing?

If I had any fab skills I would start measuring a Toyota AE86 GTS axle housing.. ... LSD, disc brakes, coils, and I think it is narrower than the 710 axle:

ae86diffgts.jpg

0611sccp_12z%2B1985_corolla_gts%2Brear_suspension_bushings.jpg

Is that a 2 link? ........ that is stock with LSD and disc brakes only on the GTS models......... and these axles can hold up to the abuse of a drift car

But VGwagon has a RX7 rear end swap that looks interesting

First the 510 goon has an H-190 differential, same as the Roadster, 521/620/720 trucks, Maxima goon and the '82-'83 200sx. This thing is tough and good for almost 300 ft lb of torque. The internal axles and housing are robust enough to handle this.

The 610/710/S10 (200sx)/A10 (later 510) and the '80-'81 S110 (200sx) all had the H-165 differentials which is good for about 225 ft lbs of torque. The internal axles and housing is smaller and lighter than the H-190.

Second, if you found an H-165 LSD (just the differential not the complete housing and axles) from a race car it should fit the 710 housing.

Third:

ae86diffgts.jpg

This looks very much like the '80-'81 200sx except that it is a four link .