Painted my Z with rustoleum

Hey guys. I was tired of my Z being 4 different colors so I thought I'd give rattle canning a shot. It took me 3 days and 6 cans of paint but it's pretty much done. I want to shoot the hood one more time but other than that, I'm happy with it.

Btw, it was my first time shooting an entire car so yes there are some spray pattern marks and stuff but the color hides it well. That's actually one of the reasons why I decided on the color. If I had gone with a gloss I would have been screwed! :D

Anywho, here's the pictures.

Before:

29506_419063641319_780276319_530002.jpg

CnC215.jpg

downsize3-2.jpg

downsize2-2.jpg

After (I'll get more pictures and update the thread. I finished it last night at 8pm :lol:

downsize1-6.jpg

0705102023.jpg

downsize-4.jpg

I plan to swap out the air dam, add some xxr 521's in flat black, get a BRE wing and see how it goes from there.

Cheers!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Master-O, that looks great! I wish I had more time or else I would have attempted something like that. I'm just enjoying my project at each stage and for now, flat green/black it is!

I'm sure I'll be attempting this within the next 2 years though so I'm totally going to subscribe to your write-up! :cool:

And Matt, we'll definitely have to hang soon. I'm gone for the next 3 weekends but after that I say we go to C&C ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cool but why paint the hood black?

My '70 Dart came that way when ordering the hood package. (also included were flat blacked out wiper arms and hood pins) Again, why? Because of reflected glare from glossy paint. Extremely annoying when the sun is low on the horizon. This was adopted by race cars and slowly added to production cars for image. Unlike rear spoilers, this was useful.

plymouth-cuda-aar-1970.jpg

50728.JPG

@Ramano and Freekwonder- Thanks! I'm diggin' it for now and it gives me time to consider what color to paint it when I can afford better materials :lol:

Same reason I did it, wanted it to look some what good and don't have the time, materials and money to to fix the body yet.

IMG_4867.jpg