Help Im a SLAVE

Hi everybody. I was driving my dime in the hills and hit some bump in the road, then when I pushed in the clutch, it had no pressure at all. I stopped and looked underneath at the Slave master cylinder. The rubber boot is bulging with clutch fluid, and the clutch master resevoir was dry. Then I squeezed the bulging slave cylinder boot and the clutch fluid came out. I then proceeded to bleed the clutch, and I watched as the slave master cylinder boot again began to bloat with fluid.

I can start the car in gear, or put it in gear and the car won't move an inch.

What's wrong here? At first I thought it was my clutch fork falling off the transmission. But now I'm leaning towards a problem with the slave??? HELP!

It's a 4-door 510 w/ L20b & 280 5 speed. The slave and master are both only weeks old. Thanks!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I squeezed the bulging slave cylinder boot and the clutch fluid came out. I then proceeded to bleed the clutch, and I watched as the slave master cylinder boot again began to bloat with fluid.

Blew a seal in the clutch slave, remove and replace! ;)

• 1 month later...

Check the clutch peddle. Push on it with your hand. There should be about 1/16" to 1/8" of play or travel before there is resistance. If this isn't set properly the piston may not be returning to it's rest position inside the master. If it doesn't return fully pressure can be trapped in the line.