L20b clutch/flywheel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i put the link to the Roadster Pressure plate ,nissanparts.cc

the other link sell the same thing but remember their kits are for the Roadster and IM not positive if the T/O bearing sleeve is the same. Unless someone can x ref the parts numbers.

Maybe they are? I dont really know

I re-read your posts and found out that I was probably half asleep at work and didnt read them correctly... Thank you for the help I will be going with the roadster PP as soon as I get the cash.

For now, this just arrived in the mail... They were out of stock of the Fidanza.

imag0100p.jpg

imag0099bs.jpg

Cant wait for some epic clutch drops. :lol:

Hmm, maybe I'm a retard, or maybe the bolts where stripped but I attempted to remove the FW from a 280z and found nothing fit the driveshaft bolts(I do have a full socket set/toolkit...).

They a full set of metric???

Generally cars with 6 bolt cranks came with 200mm clutches, trucks were either 225mm or 240mm. In '82 the S12 (200sx) switched to the 225mm in the car. After this I don't think 200mm were used again because of the motor size and power.

The problem with 30-40 + year old cars is that previous owners have maybe swapped flywheels with a different size or truck and car motors were swapped and the flywheels are all mixed up. Jason on the realm pulled a 225mm PP off and it had a 200mm disc!!! wtf? eh? Previous owners... a pox on their houses!

So I'm about to order the roadster pressure plate 30210-20111.

I found out the t/o bearing is 30501-n1604 for stock 510. This is the one I will need?

Also I dont think I have a t/o sleeve(I will check when I'm at home), I should use stock 510 one? And where to get the clutch disc for 510? (have used google)

And, where do you guys get the part numbers for this stuff so I can stop bothering you?

And also, the stock 510 slave cyl should bolt-on to the ZX trans, yeah?

So I'm about to order the roadster pressure plate 30210-20111.

I found out the t/o bearing is 30501-n1604 for stock 510. This is the one I will need?

Also I dont think I have a t/o sleeve(I will check when I'm at home), I should use stock 510 one? And where to get the clutch disc for 510? (have used google)

And, where do you guys get the part numbers for this stuff so I can stop bothering you?

And also, the stock 510 slave cyl should bolt-on to the ZX trans, yeah?

Where are you ordering from? Why not order the kit from Datsunparts like I posted, It has the PP, clutch disk, through out bearing, & pilot bushing together for a great price! The collar is dependent on what trans your using and are pretty easy to come by :)

Where are you ordering from? Why not order the kit from Datsunparts like I posted, It has the PP, clutch disk, through out bearing, & pilot bushing together for a great price! The collar is dependent on what trans your using and are pretty easy to come by :)

I care about my $0.02. :P

I might, but I just wanted to see if I could get it cheaper from nissanparts.cc.

So I get a sleeve/collar/clutchrelease/whateverthefuckitscalled to match my transmission?

I think the all models non-turbo ZX had the FS5W71C...

I wouldn't say that. The collar is matched to the pressure plate size.

I wouldn't say that. The collar is matched to the pressure plate size.

Hrmm. Well I'm no expert for sure, and I trust your word 100% but I had a dogleg and the roadster PP. The medium sized collar worked perfect. I then swapped out the dogleg for a different year dogleg and I needed to change to the smaller size collar. Nothing else changed. SO I guess I was just speaking from my personal experience.

Hrmm. Well I'm no expert for sure, and I trust your word 100% but I had a dogleg and the roadster PP. The medium sized collar worked perfect. I then swapped out the dogleg for a different year dogleg and I needed to change to the smaller size collar. Nothing else changed. SO I guess I was just speaking from my personal experience.

Logical, anything is possible. And personal experience trumps any advice. I have found out many times to my utter dismay, :lol: that what Nissan said they did or used, is not what actually happened. Cars this old may also have had several previous owners who 'changed things around'.

Possibly the clutch arm or slave had been changed previously? There are also different size master and slaves I think. This could screw up the travel distance of the clutch arm.

I found the stock sleeve/ T/O in my stash of parts. Will this work, or do I need a different one?

Oh good question. Best answer is that it might.

Because the stock clutch and release bearing can be worked by any FS5W71B or dogleg tranny swap, I would assume that the clutch arms and slaves must be similar. This does not mean that they are the same.

I would get the proper clutch arm from any F4W71B or FS5W71B (4 or 5 ) speed and avoid any possible problems.