L20b clutch/flywheel

I'm guessing this has been posted many times before, but I have not found an exact answer searching previous forum topics.

I have an L20b, and a 280zx 5-speed transmission I do not have a clutch of flywheel. I have about $200 to spend on it(Willing to go over if its REALLY worth it), and I cannot find the recommended solutions in any retailers online.

I was going to get was a roadster pressure plate, 510 clutch disc, and 200mm L20b flywheel, if anyone has any retailer links or sources where I can get these, or another compatible clutch/flywheel it would be much appreciated!

edit, I found an OE replacement roaster clutch. Would it at least work?

http://www.speedycarparts.com/sku/Nissan_1600_Auto-Com_Clutch-Kit_1966_1970_ACI31-81013.html

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! that clutch you list is not the one you want. !!!!!!!Not for 58$ be leary of some part manf mayb list a substitute for these but you need the clamping force.

200mm 6 bolts are getting hard to find. 200mm is wanted cause you can get the Roadster 2000 Presplate.

225mm flywheels are EZ to find. But Im not positve on the whole clutch set up to use. I guess you could just get the set up for the 280zx t/o bearing/sleeve and disc but Im not 100% sure .I think the trucks are about 450KG clamping compared to the 650kg Roadsters. I dont know about the Z cars ones

does the 280zx trans still have the T/O bearing still on there. Oh by the way is the drive line shorten already and you have the trans mount figured out also.?

CarterBoad sells 5speed X members IF he has them

Carter Boad [CarterB@Electroimpact.com]

roadster clutch 200mm pressureplate 30210-20111

http://www.nissanparts.cc/cart/?pn=30210-20111

the roadster PP etc is all avail from nissan.

i dont have my 200mm FW back from the machininst, lighted to ~17lb.

since im not likey doing another L motor, it may be avail...

Cool, how much would that be? And you mean I can call nissan and order one?(yes, I am newbie)

no that clutch you list is not the one you want. !!!!!!!

200mm 6 bolts are getting hard to find. 200mm is wanted cause you can get the Roadster 2000 Presplate.

225mm flywheels are EZ to find. But Im not positve on the whole clutch set up to use. I guess you could just get the set up for the 280zx t/o bearing/sleeve and disc but Im not 100% sure .

does the 280zx trans still have the T/O bearing still on there. Oh by the way is the drive line shorten already and you have the trans mount figured out also.?

CarterBoad sells 5speed X members IF he has them

Carter Boad [CarterB@Electroimpact.com]

Ahh, I didnt notice that.

I dont think the trans still has a t/o, I have lots of parts though. I can check tonight when I get home.

I can get a crossmember on ebay for $80... Was going to pick that up today.

The driveshaft is already shortened for the ZX trans.

As I was originally going to do, I could go with the ZX clutch and flywheel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...ce#ht_928wt_942

http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_1822wt_1165

I would assume it would work fine, since its a ZX trans and the JDM ZX had a L20b option.

edit, I just want to know if it will work. I don't care if its a crap clutch.

Edit, just found a centerforce clutch, sachs flywheel, and flywheel bolts all for pretty cheap.

http://www.partstrai....html?location=

http://www.partstrai...8W45d204bec356b

Maybe that would work?

Edit, well this is stupid. Apparantly the 280zx 2 seater has a 225mm flywheel, the 280zx 2+2 and turbo have 240mm. But lots of manufacturer list their flywheel as being compatible with all models?

Cool, how much would that be? And you mean I can call nissan and order one?(yes, I am newbie)

edit, I just want to know if it will work. I don't care if its a crap clutch.

Edit, just found a centerforce clutch, Maybe that would work?

Edit, well this is stupid. Apparantly the 280zx 2 seater has a 225mm flywheel, the 280zx 2+2 and turbo have 240mm. But lots of manufacturer list their flywheel as being compatible with all models?

yes, call the nissan delaer in ??? where does chad work??? norcal somewhere... <_<

or lynchburg (VA) nissan and ask for riley.

should be ALL avail, incl the 6 bolts.

spend a few $$$ on OE stuff, not one of the things that doing over is worth!

not sure if a new 200mm FW is avail, use 1967-69 roadster in the search topic

as long as the PP and TO bearing are matched *in relation to the FW, the size of the FW is irrelevant (PP clamping force DOES vary)

$$: gotta see what the machinst bill is. not for another week at least...

& then shipping...

ive not heard much in the positive for centerforce :mellow:

yes, call the nissan delaer in ??? where does chad work??? norcal somewhere... <_<

or lynchburg (VA) nissan and ask for riley.

should be ALL avail, incl the 6 bolts.

spend a few $ on OE stuff, not one of the things that doing over is worth!

not sure if a new 200mm FW is avail, use 1967-69 roadster in the search topic

as long as the PP and TO bearing are matched *in relation to the FW, the size of the FW is irrelevant (PP clamping force DOES vary)

$: gotta see what the machinst bill is. not for another week at least...

& then shipping...

ive not heard much in the positive for centerforce :mellow:

OK then OE it is. Max I can go is $300 for the clutch/flywheel until I get payed again.

edit, There is a 1980 200sx at the pick'n'pull around here with intact clutch/flywheel, but I dont have the tools to remove the transmission/driveshaft.

did you need an excuse for new tools??? <_<

17, 14, 12(X2) sockets & wrenches (& why you dont already have these? :huh: )

long extension and ratchet.

done!

get the knob if its a dogleg for me :D

or keep the dogleg for yourself, not better than the ZX, but no DS mods.

also get the e-dizzy and coil if still there.

it took 10 tries to get mine back in, laying on my back, but it comes out real easy ;)

IIRC EVERYTHING was under $300 (i already had the FW lightened)

also consider a new slave & MC.

did you need an excuse for new tools??? <_<

17, 14, 12(X2) sockets & wrenches (& why you dont already have these? :huh: )

long extension and ratchet.

done!

get the knob if its a dogleg for me :D

or keep the dogleg for yourself, not better than the ZX, but no DS mods.

also get the e-dizzy and coil if still there.

it took 10 tries to get mine back in, laying on my back, but it comes out real easy ;)

IIRC EVERYTHING was under $300 (i already had the FW lightened)

also consider a new slave & MC.

Hmm, maybe I'm a retard, or maybe the bolts where stripped but I attempted to remove the FW from a 280z and found nothing fit the driveshaft bolts(I do have a full socket set/toolkit...).

I'll try to go back and pull out that dogleg(It was 5spd, dunno about dogleg though), also I'm wondering if anyone is in need of some 280zx struts? The shift knob(you meant shift knob, yeah?) as I remember was falling off, it looked to be glued on and someone tried to rip it off.

Ignitor coil, I think it was there. E-dizzy? I think you forget I'm very new to this. Is that slang for distributor?

Yeah I'll probably get all that then. Just will take longer to get the car running. sad.gif

Ordering the Xmember for the trans at least. smile.gif

There is a 1980 200sx at the pick'n'pull around here with intact clutch/flywheel, but I dont have the tools to remove the transmission/driveshaft.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude buy some Good tools first!!!!!!!!!!!!!take that 300$ and buy tools!!!!!!!!!!

yes the 77-79 200 sx has the 200mm set up and grab everythin on it.

Also grab the Distributor with the mount . yes the one with the 2 10mm head bolts on the front cover ,grab it from there and the coil that goes with it.

Hmm, maybe I'm a retard

The shift knob(you meant shift knob, yeah?) as I remember was falling off, it looked to be glued on and someone tried to rip it off.

E-dizzy? Is that slang for distributor?

:rofl:

fuckin retards!

slang :hmm: i call it lazy (& yes)

and yeah, pull everything above the timing cover.

if your alone, youll need to prevent the crank from turning to remove the torqued FW bolts.

a BFscrewdriver in the cam sproket works, ONLY in the JY !!!

There is a 1980 200sx at the pick'n'pull around here with intact clutch/flywheel, but I dont have the tools to remove the transmission/driveshaft.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude buy some Good tools first!!!!!!!!!!!!!take that 300$ and buy tools!!!!!!!!!!

yes the 77-79 200 sx has the 200mm set up and grab everythin on it.

Also grab the Distributor with the mount . yes the one with the 2 10mm head bolts on the front cover ,grab it from there and the coil that goes with it.

OK lol, I'll go back and pull everything I can. Its a 80' model, not a 79' so its got a Z20 engine I think. It was fuel injection, similar block to my L20b but the head was different.

I think the dist was there.

:rofl:

fuckin retards!

slang :hmm: i call it lazy (& yes)

and yeah, pull everything above the timing cover.

if your alone, youll need to prevent the crank from turning to remove the torqued FW bolts.

a BFscrewdriver in the cam sproket works, ONLY in the JY !!!

Ok lol. I'll be back. cool.gif

Maybe I can get my brother to help me with it some weekend.

280zx flywheel is 225mm right? PS if its a six bolt crank of coarse it will bolt on. Even a 240mm flywheel bolt on. Its the matching otherparts also that you need.

if 200mm you need 200mm stuff

225 you need 225mm stuff 620 trucks are 225mm. Maybe they will fit? Im not positive,maybe they the same flywheels? I dont know myself/

240mm you need 240mm stuff.

Your bouncing all over the place what you want/ have or what ever.

I was just suggesting a 200mm to make is simple and use a roadster pressure plate.

Im/we are getting confused now. Zar s have mutiple T/O sleeves i think. Even I get confused

Hope what ever you do it works out and hopefully this car gets running soon.

80 Z20 has a 200mm flywheels. Pick that up if possible. and save it. T/O bearing and sleeve also

280zx flywheel is 225mm right? PS if its a six bolt crank of coarse it will bolt on. Even a 240mm flywheel bolt on. Its the matching otherparts also that you need.

if 200mm you need 200mm stuff

225 you need 225mm stuff

240mm you need 240mm stuff.

Your bouncing all over the place what you want/ have or what ever.

I was just suggesting a 200mm to make is simple and use a roadster pressure plate.

Im/we are getting confused now. Zar s have mutiple T/O sleeves i think. Even I get confused

Hope what ever you do it works out and hopefully this car gets running soon.

80 Z20 has a 200mm flywheels. Pick that up if possible. and save it. T/O bearing and sleeve also

I've heard the fidanza should bolt on for 200 and 225mm clutches? Anyways, I can always get a grippier fidanza clutch later($300!). I'm hoping just the bolt on ZX NA after market clutch/FW should be the most simple way to get it running.

Besides, the fidanza should be lighter than any OE 200mm ones, yeah? Hopefully using this car mostly for autoX, track, backroads so I dont care much if its not the best for road use.

Unless there is a good reason why not to, I'll go with the ZX setup. Seems like the least hassle for getting all the correct parts.

I have purchased 2 clutches from DatsunParts They have both worked REALLY well and at a great price! I had some questions about throw out collars and called the guy and he talked me through everything and bullshitted with me for 30 min :) REALLY cool guy and good parts :) I love my roadster clutch!

I have purchased 2 clutches from DatsunParts They have both worked REALLY well and at a great price! I had some questions about throw out collars and called the guy and he talked me through everything and bullshitted with me for 30 min :) REALLY cool guy and good parts :) I love my roadster clutch!

Oh cool, this way I can get the 200sx Fidanza flywheel(200mm) and roadster clutch. Should be sweet.

Gehtto

i bought a sachs clutch but i either need to buy a new flywheel or mill mine and shim it.

why would you need to shim it.??????????Never hear of this

Stupid

Now you gettng a 200mm? I have a feeling you be dropping the trans a few times. after all said and done

Haha, I'm just trying to figure out which clutch to get. Now that I have found a good source for the OE roadster clutch kit, I think its a good idea. :P

i put the link to the Roadster Pressure plate ,nissanparts.cc

the other link sell the same thing but remember their kits are for the Roadster and IM not positive if the T/O bearing sleeve is the same. Unless someone can x ref the parts numbers.

Maybe they are? I dont really know

Ehh I could not find the clutch plate on that site? unsure.gif

Gehtto

i bought a sachs clutch but i either need to buy a new flywheel or mill mine and shim it.

why would you need to shim it.??????????Never hear of this

Stupid

Now you gettng a 200mm? I have a feeling you be dropping the trans a few times. after all said and done

since when did i say it was a 200mm clutch???? wtf 225mm for trucks man

since when did i say it was a 200mm clutch???? wtf 225mm for trucks man

He was talking to me. :P I had a bit of an indecisive(sp?) moment if I was going to get a 225mm or a 200mm clutch/FW.

Decided on the 200mm, but I dont have the $$ to get the stuff for another week. :(