Santa Clara Monthly Last Thurs of Every Month Meet

71DIMER

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

It was nice meeting everyone. There were a lot more ppl than I had expected. Sorry if I didn’t get a chance to talk to everyone. Although the meet was great my night ended terribly wrong.

On my way home there was there was a huge chunk of metal on the hwy. The car in front of me barely missed it. I didn’t have enough time to avoid hitting it as there were cars on both sides. I quickly moved to the far right lane with the chunk of metal dragging under the car. Just my luck there wasn’t an emergency lane for about 1/4 mile. I kept checking my oil pressure gauge to see if the pressure would drop so I could shut the motor off. Finally when I was able to get in the emergency lane the object must have hit the transmission because it violently threw the car in the air. The damn thing hit the diff so hard on its way out I thought it had dropped the diff.

I dont know the full extent of the damage. I know the oil pan is toast and the chin spoiler has a chunk missing around 6" across. Will post pictures tonight.

It was a great turn out, unfortunately it seems like only the Datsun guys got the memo about the meet as it ended up being an all Nissan gathering. I think there was all 510's in attendance with a few Z's, one truck, and one skyline. Besides that no other makes showed up...which I know must of you guys won't mind but I do like seeing other makes showing up. I'll have to post it up on other forums I guess. :P

Damn Hakosuka, that blows. I hope it's worse than it sounded. Let us know what you find.

Hello all,

It was nice meeting everyone. There were a lot more ppl than I had expected. Sorry if I didn’t get a chance to talk to everyone. Although the meet was great my night ended terribly wrong.

On my way home there was there was a huge chunk of metal on the hwy. The car in front of me barely missed it. I didn’t have enough time to avoid hitting it as there were cars on both sides. I quickly moved to the far right lane with the chunk of metal dragging under the car. Just my luck there wasn’t an emergency lane for about 1/4 mile. I kept checking my oil pressure gauge to see if the pressure would drop so I could shut the motor off. Finally when I was able to get in the emergency lane the object must have hit the transmission because it violently threw the car in the air. The damn thing hit the diff so hard on its way out I thought it had dropped the diff.

I dont know the full extent of the damage. I know the oil pan is toast and the chin spoiler has a chunk missing around 6" across. Will post pictures tonight.

That sucks Man!! What car was yours is it in one of the OICS

Looks like all the New Schoolers use zip ties to add an remove the front plate... WoW have things have changed 1981 no seat belt, no front plate, 16 yr old can all ride in the car or in the back of the truck.. an all that was normal. Looks like a lot of cars showed up I hope to be at the next one!!

Crap...see what happens when I post when I'm not fully awayke! Good catch Alex, I fixed to it what I really meant. :)

No worries. I knew what you were trying to say. No offense taken. :) Also does anyone know if the 4 door 510 that was for sale sold? If not could someone that might know the seller PM his number?

The damage

IMG_0825.jpg

• 2 weeks later...