grills for 620

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly the reason I said three is when I was younger. Trading cars are ranked by rarity and if they shine. And honestly the later chrome one is the rarest of all. I have never seen a clean one in my life.

There was even a thread here on someone trying to find one but successfully failed "or did he?".

Any one can have the early and later grills. But the chrome later in good condition is like Charazard Pokemon trading card halo 1st edition in mint condition!!!!!

I now collect rare 620 parts.... :lol:

I discovered this evening that there is two versions of the early grill. The difference is the number of tabs that hold the trim rings on. The rings are different and the grill is different too.

06-21-10_2146.jpg

This grill has a lot of holes for the trim rings, and the rings have six tabs on them. I assume that this is a later-early grill.

The other version of early grill only has four holes and end each trim ring only has four tabs to hold it on.

The chrome ones are 'rare' only because they are not factory. I see them on e bay a lot. Nothing special IMHO and wouldn't want one even if in the oldr style. Prefer them in gray and black. They are just way tooooo much chrome for me. So as far as I'm concerned there are old (the good) the new (the bad) and the chrome. (the ugly)

I generally keep the right grille for the right year, but for personal preference I like the later ones because 1) They are thicker and harder to break when removing to change headlights and 2) because they don't have the trim rings to fall off.

I don't like the color of either though... after years in the sun the dark gray fades to primer gray in an inconsistent pattern.

The late ones look decent painted dark black semigloss, especially on light colored trucks to throw the grille in stark contrast.