the good thing is that my heater works!

inline4

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea really instead of wasting space get off your ass and fix it!!! hell if you spent half as much time working on your Datsun as you do making these pointless threads you would have 1 of the pimpinest Datsun here so stfu and get off your ass and fix it

This is what the status updates are for! Or make a (HUGE) build thread, for rat-sakes man!

Prolly wouldnt get alot less :poop: if you would just Comply, just a little :rolleyes:

Cereal!

And Pics or GTFO :poke:

Really??? why start a thread about this???

because it took me all day to fix one of the harnesses I have. my temperature gauge has been inconsistent and the heater never worked before when I tried it. I was running up the engine temperature to watch what the ecu said compared to the temperature gauge to see if I could get something consistent.

cut me some slack guys... I've had a pretty shitty last month and I've only now had time to work on the car since school is on break.

because it took me all day to fix one of the harnesses I have. my temperature gauge has been inconsistent and the heater never worked before when I tried it. I was running up the engine temperature to watch what the ecu said compared to the temperature gauge to see if I could get something consistent.

cut me some slack guys... I've had a pretty shitty last month and I've only now had time to work on the car since school is on break.

haha, ive had a pretty shitty last week myself. But, start a build thread, if you have not already and just post all this stuff in there :D Helps keep the clutter down, noobs do it. You're not a noob ;)

the next time you feel the need to post random one sentence statements...

post them in the insomniacs thread, thats what its for.

and no one will give you shit for it.

but theres no need to create a new thread for it.

they do? do you get an insta ban if they reach a certan neg level? man I need to keep more up to date....

Afer Kawasaki620 threw shit in the fan, it was said that the Neg Rep was nolonger a joke! Or am I makin shit up? Could be either, figure it out, your the "Mod" ;)

:mellow: .... Really ? huh :huh:

Dude just change the title of the thread to "Question of the day" or Start a Build Thread , were all going :frantics: , and +1 what freaky510, Skib , datzenmike , pumpkin210 , and h2theizzo said above :D.

What are you studying in school ? ( Many people are having a hard time right now including myself )

:mellow: .... Really ? huh :huh:

Dude just change the title of the thread to "Question of the day" or Start a Build Thread , were all going :frantics: , and +1 what freaky510, Skib , datzenmike , pumpkin210 , and h2theizzo said above :D.

What are you studying in school ? ( Many people are having a hard time right now including myself )

well since you asked for a question, this was the first time that the heater had blown hot air, the coolant temp was at about 200 degrees. how hard is the fan supposed to be blowing? the heater was hot, but the fan wasnt that powerful.

well since you asked for a question, this was the first time that the heater had blown hot air, the coolant temp was at about 200 degrees. how hard is the fan supposed to be blowing? the heater was hot, but the fan wasnt that powerful.

Hard enough to defrost the windshield in the morning :P

Checked to see if Heater Control Valve Working Properly ?

is all your Heater ducting hooked correctly or taped up if holes ?

What Temperature Thermostat are you running in your car right now and how hot has it been outside ?

Heater Core Issues ?

Bearings/Resistor Any good in the blower motor ?

240z blower motors aren't powerful at best condition so that might be a common trait ;)

Well there are many variables.

The plenum below the wipers may be plugged with leaves cutting off air flow. Indeed the heater core may also be covered with leaves or have a mouse nest in there.

The heater core could be half plugged with sediment that restrict flow. Take the hose off the head and the other off the lower rad inlet and hold a garden hose to one end and run water through it in both directions to flush it out. Better flow would give better heat.

The electric fan may not be getting full voltage for full speed. Fan belt loose, tired battery, poor battery connections, fuse box corrosion.

The heater box controls may be badly adjusted with the flap doors allowing too much cool air in or the water valve not opening or stuck.

Here's a great little link to give an idea what goes on inside the heater and what you will expect to see.

• Like 1

if the cowl is plugged up with leaves, which it might be... I remember leaves blowing out at times. whats the best way to clean it? shoot it with compressed air? these will require draining the radiator correct? I think I might save this project to do with replacing the rabbit radiator...

Not sure with the 510? but remove the wiper arms and screws just under the rear of the hood where it closes. Either way remove the cover with the grill slots that let in the air and clean the area inside with a vacuum. If leaves are in there they are almost certainly in the heater too.

if the cowl is plugged up with leaves, which it might be... I remember leaves blowing out at times. whats the best way to clean it? shoot it with compressed air? these will require draining the radiator correct? I think I might save this project to do with replacing the rabbit radiator...

Tape off edges of paint with "Blue Painters Tape" , remove the cowl ( inspect , clean , etc. ) before going inside the car would strongly suggest laying down some "painters plastic" on the ground all over before tearing into anything ( who knows what will come out ).

Sorry I have never owned or worked on a 510. I stick with the Z series for now :D