ReBirth of the SR520 Build!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yeah, man! Glad you're still alive and kicking and plugging along with the toys!

Hit me up sometime and let me come wrench with you!! I just finished swapping grills and wheels on the wagon so it can get sent away to Texas, and it reminded me of how much I miss it even though it's not gone yet!!

so stoked to see you back on it so fast!! Now you can do all the things you wished you'd done on the last one!

just curious, how much did the QA1's set you back? Hopefully that was insurance moneys!! :)

so stoked to see you back on it so fast!! Now you can do all the things you wished you'd done on the last one!

just curious, how much did the QA1's set you back? Hopefully that was insurance moneys!! :)

The fronts with springs were $400 and the rears with all hardware to mount was $450

60 not too bad for hopefuly a nice ride.

Can't wait to have it sitting on the coils and 4-link once I get there its not far long. I just want it all to look showroom ready.

whats your plans for brakes? you mentioned discs, but what are you going with?

Brakes are Wilwood brake and clutch pedals reverse mount,with compact masters to all SS braided lines. Front calipers I got are 4x4 D21's with drilled and slotted rotors. Rear will be disc's as well with drilled rotors. I called Wilwood to see if they had some calipers but nothing. I'll post pic's when my rotors get here of it all.

I also got the cab off on Sat, had to order some brackets for the front coilovers so I can't start them yet. If anyone is free or wants to stop by I'm there welding or wrenching feel free to swing by. Ricardo 916-381-8635

Got some 18in Titan 5 spoke wheels for my 520, they have some 33in mud tires on them now I think I might build my truck for hill climbing.

Started mocking the motor in today,soon as that's done will start the front coils. The rear brakes are a pain to put on how the F do you remove the dust shields? The same with the fronts nothing but problems with the brackets and calipers its all driving me crazy. Will post pics soon to show all of the Madness!

The links and coilovers in the rear are sweet. What weight did u choose for the springs? Does the stock gas tank not fit with that link setup?

-B

The links and coilovers in the rear are sweet. What weight did u choose for the springs? Does the stock gas tank not fit with that link setup?

-B

The fronts are 450lbs and the rear are 130/250lbs. The gas tank is gone will hit the upper 4-link so going with a 10gal fuel cell mounted in the rear frame rails,I'm going to move the stock gas cover in the bed to were the fuel cell fill will be so I can fill it up.