Dashboard questions..

I feel like this must've been covered in a previous thread, but I can't seem to find it. How in the world do you get the knob off of a push-pull wiper switch?? Haha. It's the only thing keeping me from removing my dash at the moment and I'd really rather not break it.

Also, I'm curious about what peoples opinions are of the 620 dashcaps that are going on eBay. Pieces of crap?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pull the wiper knob out like you're turning them on, and then take a pair of needle nose and hold the switch from going back in, then push the knob in all the way in and turn counterclockwise to take knob off/clockwise to install. Jersey

pull the wiper knob out like you're turning them on, and then take a pair of needle nose and hold the switch from going back in, then push the knob in all the way in and turn counterclockwise to take knob off/clockwise to install. Jersey

what if that still doesnt work? the headlight one comes off with ease, but my wiper one doesnt budge

• 1 year later...

Haha. I bought one, painted it, but have yet to install it. It will indeed cover most of your imperfections, leaving only bits around the vents and some along the bottom. The MAIN reason I've held off on putting it on, however, is that it will completely trap in the inner instrument cluster panel, and the only way to access wires and bulbs behind them, will be to loosen the ENTIRE dash. I'm curious to know if anyone has modified their cluster panels to be able to fit trough the much smaller access hole as a result of installing a dash cap. A better solution might be to find an alternative to glueing the dash cap on...maybe metal snaps and/or industrial Velcro. Or perhaps just a few well hidden and disguised screws.

I would totally recommend for an easy $100 dollar eye pleaser if you plan on selling it though :P

• 2 months later...

I just pulled my dash from my B210 and I'm going through and taking the plastic off (a little bit at a time that @#$% hurts when it gets shoved under your finger nail) to get to the nice foam under then cover it with resin and then sand out the high spots then cover it in fabric. It takes a bit but when its done it looks like NOS.... Did it on a Pinto I owned...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently trying to remove my dash entirely. Is there an easy way to do this? The heater a/c box is still attached and a pain to get to and I don't want to break anything. Can someone help a newb? What am I doing wrong?? Is there a write up that I'm overlooking??