Just got a Datsun.....now i need a tow!

Just bought the 1976 610 from Liz....i'm just looking for someone to help me tow it.

It's located on campus, and i need to get it about 3 or 4 miles to the whiteaker. if you can help me, i got $$, or beer, or both......or we can make a deal.

i just need it in my driveway!!!

if anyone could help, it would be awesome....Thanks!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no kidding, if its only 3-4 miles, grab the battery out of your daily driver and mob home man. itll make it a few miles. Just make sure its during the day so no headlight use. try and refrain yourself from using that cd player too :D

it hasn't run for about 2+ years, skunk took a look at it a few moths ago, and thought it could be the battery, alt, or voltage reg.....or an accumulation of 2 or all of them. it would have been like $75 today...but between 9 and 5 mon thru fri, a company will tow for 30 bucks anywhere in town...i just have to wait till tuesday or wed cuz i work.

and this is my only car......

yeah i think your going to have to wait, 30 for a tow is a good price. Theres a big lack of ratsun members down here. go north there all over the place, go south same thing. We are just in the middle, kinda sucks.

I feel you man, datto510 is about 45 mins from here, and theres one other dime guy here. Other than that, its 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive minimum to meet up with people...

yeah i think your going to have to wait, 30 for a tow is a good price. Theres a big lack of ratsun members down here. go north there all over the place, go south same thing. We are just in the middle, kinda sucks.

lol yup, I think its just you guys and Nukeday

no kidding, if its only 3-4 miles, grab the battery out of your daily driver and mob home man. itll make it a few miles. Just make sure its during the day so no headlight use. try and refrain yourself from using that cd player too :D

I second this, if it's just a few miles have someone follow you. A fully charged battery will last longer than you think without any significant load on it (lights, heater fan, etc.). Make sure you put a gallon of gas or two in, so you don't have to shut it off until you get to your driveway. If the signals and stuff are slow, have your trail car follow close and 'cover' for you. When you get it home, put a DVM on the + & - of the battery and start pulling fuses one by one. You may find that there is just one circuit that is pulling the alt down (shunting to ground). I'm not sure on Datsun's but I know on a Luv, if the chassis to engine block negative cable is missing, the alt does all sorts of weird stuff. My 510 appears to not be charging (just like sknunk's new Saturn upgrade), but I'm not convinced the problem is with the alternator.

Wish I could be more help, but I've got a pretty full plate.