clutches and quality

Braden

so i was looking at getting a dual friction centerforce clutch for my new 5 speed and i was wondering what your guys view is, i can get a sachs brand new for about 75 bucks and i have one in my full size truck and i havent had any problems but i wanted to maybe upgrade because i love driving the datto hard, i wanna be able to dump the clutch every once in a awhile without cringing thinking about the heat and friction beneath the floorboard, here is the part number for the centerforce DF511276 can somone verify this is correct, it stated it was for various later models of 510 and 610 l20 so i am assuming it will work in my l20b 620. what are some other brands of clutches you guys have used and liked or held up well under abuse

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say it probably won't fit. Datsun cars usually used the 200mm clutch with the L20B motors while all trucks were 225mm. If you can find an L20B car flywheel this will work.

The 620 L20B 225mm clutch is second only to the Roadster 200mm clutch for clamping pressure.

ok i talked to centerforce and the 225mm part number for the dual friction kit is df583402, they do not offer a flywheel and i am on the hunt for a non expensive replacement, i really dont feel like getting my flywheel surfaced and im sure its been milled before. i dont like turning them more than once and yesi know i could shim it but i would rather just get a new one that hasnt seen any heat or abuse. i guess i am going to go with the dual fricition but i still need a clutch fork, tranny seals and gasket, shifter bushings, reverse switch, rubber clutch fork boot, shifter boots, flywheel and some time!!! hey where do you guys get your flywheels and clutch forks??? i can get the seals and switch through work and hopefully the rubber parts and bushings through nissan, anybody have part numbers on the bushings and boots???

i have a bone stock 225mm FW avail. =heavy to ship, 22+ lbs

happily trade it for some spare time! ;)

ive gotten the rubber shifter(aftermarket) & fork boot off ebay (NOT from reddat!!!)

possibly also have a fork, dunno what its from though...

the part about changing from pilot bushing to bearing was kinda cool, still think i would rather have the bushing though

hye i could use some info on a source for a good clutch fork, cheap stock flywheel (new not used) and a tranny vent

I think your really over engineering this.

Is realy a Centerforce dual friction kit worth it?

unless you got dual sidedrafts carbs,cam or a motor putting at least 125hp to the crank and i wouldnt worry about it.

If you have a 225mm set up I guess you could a buy stock 280z pressure plate/setup kit.

a Roadster set up is good but you need a 200mm flywheel and a 510 T/O bearing and collor. 200mm flywheels are from the L20b in cars like the late 610,710 and ist gen 77-79 200sx. Im sure not to many in kentucky.

Sachs is a good Brand but where is it made.

When I think Saches I think Germany but now with consolidation its it really a Saches or a rebadged taiwain part. If dont say Japan might as well try to find a Daiken/Exedy clutch kit and even soem of these are outsoureced now.

I got my clutch here but there are others that ist the same,ck for better priceing

http://www.importrp.com/

I think your really over engineering this.

Is realy a Centerforce dual friction kit worth it?

unless you got dual sidedrafts carbs,cam or a motor putting at least 125hp to the crank and i wouldnt worry about it.

If you have a 225mm set up I guess you could a buy stock 280z pressure plate/setup kit.

a Roadster set up is good but you need a 200mm flywheel and a 510 T/O bearing and collor. 200mm flywheels are from the L20b in cars like the late 610,710 and ist gen 77-79 200sx. Im sure not to many in kentucky.

Sachs is a good Brand but where is it made.

When I think Saches I think Germany but now with consolidation its it really a Saches or a rebadged taiwain part. If dont say Japan might as well try to find a Daiken/Exedy clutch kit and even soem of these are outsoureced now.

I got my clutch here but there are others that ist the same,ck for better priceing

http://www.importrp.com/

here is my setup that i am putting together (yes i have it all (minus cam but thats coming) but i have to put it together) L20b (factory new, not rebuilt) dual 44mm mikunis on a mikuni manifold, webcams camshaft 450 260 238 profile, electric fuel pump, egr delete, etc. nothing special but enough to make me wanna wind it up and possibly lay a line or two, besides i checked on the standard cf2 centerforce clutch it is like 220 bucks and the dual fricition is like 260 so why the hell not????

• 2 weeks later...

Well I bought a Centerforce stag 1 once many years ago.

I find out it was a stock "DAIKEN" Datsun 510 350KG clutch painted Gold with those cheezzy weight on there.To get the clamed clamping on this clutch I might have to spin the motor to 10-12k rpm to get anywhere near a Roadster clutch.

I Should have got a Roadster set up for the same price with doupble the clamping force.

So Thats why Iam biased on Centerforce. I wasnt impressed. Maybe the Stag 2s are better

But if it makes you feel better dont let me stop you from buying it.