Izzo got a dime

izzo

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

check the hoses where they go through the firewall for seepage, esp if theyre old

http://www.510coop.com/heater/ (u o me $0.05)

lol they are a little older, i did check those. they are pretty fucking dry, but not sure. I took apart some of the heater stuff and lubed up the controls, they move so freely now its nice. Going to head out right now, and run it for a bit and see if i can see any moisture around those hoses.

Been putting off cleaning the wheels because they had some weird shit built up on them and it was really hard getting it off. Went to napa and they got me some spray shit that worked well. Still have a little bit more fine cleaning to do but turned out good.

before

IMAG0196.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0413.jpg

After

Washed and waxed it also again today

IMAG0317copy.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg

Wow! That did the trick. Made those alloys come ALIVE ;)

Yeah it did!! Damn, i cleaned them too before, scrubbed the hell out of them with an SOS pad, scotch bright pad, soap + hot water, and they got somewhat cleaner but just had this dingy look to them like an old sock lol. I am impressed how clean and bright they got with the cleaner.

It is some napa brand acid based aluminum cleaner. cost 11 dollars but worth every penny. Plus, it only took a tiny bit to cover the wheels. Let set for 30 seconds and washed em off. Ill hit it with a small wire brush in the thick areas thats left and spray again. I am really happy how they turned out lol...

you still have this thing? Amazing!

always comes back to the 720 doesnt it.. lol

Yup still have it man :D

And yeha, always comes back to the 720. Thing is reliable and always there. Doesn't mind me riding her hard either :rofl:

Loosened and tightened the head bolts 1 by one and got them all re-torqued to spec, replaced oil pressure sensor. oil light goes out like it should now after start up. It was leaking pretty bad. Installed the PIAA lights, took off the bumper guards on the front bumper. Looks a bit cleaner. Installed the 68 Finned valve cover on the head.

I got REALLY stoked when i pulled the valve cover. Head was recently gone through! Cam towers were marked, inside is super clean, springs were marked also. It was probably shaved/new seats on it i'd guess. pics! Piaa's are not wired in yet, just on the bumper. Will wire it in later.

IMAG0428.jpg

IMAG0427.jpg

IMAG0426.jpg

IMAG0425.jpg

IMAG0424-1.jpg

IMAG0423-1.jpg

IMAG0422-1.jpg

Went to rainier today to help a friend. He has a 2000 dodge neon, the water pump went out and threw the timing belt. It killed three valves. Shop said it would be 1400 to fix it, so he found a 2002 neon with a blown auto transmission to pull the motor out of. Headed out this morning and got to rainier, when i got on the back roads, i got on it pretty good. I grew up there, so i know the roads real well. Was in third gear haulin ass, was up around 5k rpm most of the time for about 2 miles. Got near his driveway and went to downshift, thing was stuck in third, had to force it out... Now when going from 2'nd to third, it grinds, and when going from third to second, 2'nd grinds. Guess this tranny is about toast :mad: <_<

Anyways, we got the motor and tranny out of the car today, ill post pics friday when i go back and pull the other motor out. was fun ripping shit apart, sucked that it was 100 degrees outside in the sun where we had to do this...

• 2 weeks later...

Swapped the weber on my car for the one on the truck, what a difference a new carb does... So much moar power!

Only thing is, i dont think when i put my foot to the floor it uses all of the throttle. Might need to bend my gas pedal out a little bit so it reaches full throttle.

Speaking of full throttle, anyone remember the PC game? I beat this game time after time. Still have it too!

1-Full_Throttle_Cover.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...