gauges... e.g. oil, water, etc..

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends. I like electrical for the accuracy and responsiveness, where as a mechanical gauge is slow to respond and some of the time accurate. also you can calibrate an electrical gauge by either putting a resistor in line of the sender or by calibrating the gauge itself. where as you can't really calibrate a mechanical gauge without ripping it apart. plus you don't have a bunch of tubes and other crap that can leak all over the cabin and behind the dash. Ontop of all this, for the senders, running a little wire to the sender is easy, where as with a mechanical gauge, you have to drill holes to run the senders/tubes.

I can't find any mechanical temp guages that will fit a S13 KA24DE.....

I have heard of people using the lower hose from a single cam KA............. But I think an electrical guage would be easier

What are people using for temp guages on their KA24DE?

They sell a temp sender adapter that goes in the radiator hose, if you don't feel like making an adapter or tapping a hole.

All it took was one single oil pressure line to pop off inside my car and I was sold on electric...all the way. Whats really cool is that if I had not been pretty handy with how to fix stuff...I might have not figured out how to drive home without having oil squirting into the passenger compartment. I have seen so dang many mechanical guages in vehicles in the JY that are just a mess from leaking.

No freegin way man.

CaliforniatripwithCambria112.jpg

I've never had any problem with these VDO gauges...I've had them in several cars now and they work great.

electric all the way yes there more expencive but all around better i personally dont like the idea of my oil preassure gadge leaking and i LOOSE oil preassure from the thing that is supposed to help me keep track of it once im workin im going to get after market gadges and they will be all electric

All it took was one single oil pressure line to pop off inside my car and I was sold on...

im going to guess that it was the plastic line included in the package???

NEVER use it!!!

ive seen these fail on almost every install ive seen em on.

repalce it w/ SS braided lines!

where do you get such small lines?

small? it doesnt need to be the same ID as the plastic line.

IIRC its a -4AN fitting.

avail at many speed shops.

the local shop has about 20 diff premade lines w/various lengths/fittings.

or go custom!

Hi in your area P.R.E. is a good speed shop. Steel braded is common. Jim Bowman Racing is my family buisness and we would be glad to help you. We stock mech. and electric gauges. But there are a lot of good shops in your area. Thank You and have a nice day.

Hi in your area P.R.E. is a good speed shop. Steel braded is common. Jim Bowman Racing is my family buisness and we would be glad to help you. We stock mech. and electric gauges. But there are a lot of good shops in your area. Thank You and have a nice day.

sucks your so far from me lol we have no speed shop