carbon fiber hood, trunk and vinyl cf wrap on hood

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would you trust a carbon fiber roof skin? well maybe if the car was fully caged :o

just look at the metal your roof is made out of now, literally, paper thin.

think thats got much structural integrity?

if we where all practically safty conscious wed all have caged cars.

cuz face it, a datsun dosent do well in a serious crash.

Carbon fiber vinyl wrap is as stupid and ricer as it gets in my opinion though. When I see that I just :no: .

Rice: pretending to have somthing performance when when its not b/c you just did it for the looks.

CF wraped hood = rice

I like the look of CF, but I would droppin a little extra coin to go from a FG hood to a CF hood if I wanted it

When a car has a carbon hood, trunk, etc for "weight reduction" and then has 50 lbs of stereo equipment inside of it I would have to say that it is most definitely rice.

lol no joke.

rice is just the things like that dumbass kids do

I know a guy, who can make and install an entire CF appearing vinyl wrap for $1200 installed.

Oh snap, now THERE'S a good use of funds! :D (No, not really. Retarded, what a waste, etc. You could build a motor, get a decent paintjob on the side, buy coilovers, etc.)

I'm going to file it under "hella" stupid. Haha.

Actual carbon fiber bits for a 510 are a great idea, although usually too expensive to justify the cost. I'd think about it more for weight reduction, but I can't imagine the hood and the trunk are going to save much, and that's about the biggest piece of sheetmetal that you'd be able to loose weight on while retaining the 510 body.

Carbon fiber for weight reduction is only good for exotic cars when you can use it thruout, but it is a dead givaway Ricer Flag! :lol:

On another note, I should have my truck this weekend, how many wanna come to the house and play "gut the cab and put in sound deadener" and bar-b-que??

sure... bring it to san diego....

which reminds me. I might need to throw one of those. I've gotta pack up and move up to san francisco sometime by august.