air-ride for 1964 datsun ln320

burrito213

can anyone help me find a resource for where to go to get a nice air ride for my datsun 320. the suspension is so so but i think i would have more versatility with a truck on bags. its lowered already but the stock shocks are bad and if you know about parts then you'd know that parts are hard to find on this truck.

so far i have seen the RIDETECH shockwave... any help?

below is my truck

CIMG0007.jpg thi

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shockwaves are good... very very pricey we are running a set on a dually and on a 56 chevy they warranty there stuff very well

but suicidedoors.com will have any and everything you could look for to bag any minitruck

That 320 is flat out sweet man. No other words....flippin sweet. Perfectly executed sweetness. Very very sweet. Oh.....and I like it a lot. Plus, it's really easy to look at for a long time. Lastly.......sweet truck.:)

I shoped around for my air ride system. I found the bags on craigslist for 150 and got my viair compressor,valves and tank of ebay for 170. I bought all my lines at a local store. in all i saved about 300. So with you bieng in L.A hit up the craigslist when i was searching i found a lot of shit in the cali craigslist.

Thing about both of those NL320s is neither of them drove!!!They look good and all shiny for the magazines but not functional..at least last time I saw them.

I would get in touch with Beebani from this site, I know that he has personally Bagged a NL320 and I am sure he could help you out with any questions you might have. Good luck...and by the way very smooth truck...Cant wait to see it cruisin the seen...

Thing about both of those NL320s is neither of them drove!!!They look good and all shiny for the magazines but not functional..at least last time I saw them.

I would get in touch with Beebani from this site, I know that he has personally Bagged a NL320 and I am sure he could help you out with any questions you might have. Good luck...and by the way very smooth truck...Cant wait to see it cruisin the seen...

Dave, the Blue one drove all around last year's show season. The GO-EZ truck is collecting dust somewhere, they never finished it.

I'd love to help you put that lovely truck in the weeds!

Dave, the Blue one drove all around last year's show season. The GO-EZ truck is collecting dust somewhere, they never finished it.

I'd love to help you put that lovely truck in the weeds!

thanks all for the info.... lost this thread and just found it.... yeah those two 320's (go-ez and the blue one) are nice trucks.

this truck is a B*%#! to find parts and finally got rear shocks from gabriel/ Kragen Auto but i feel that an air ride system would compliment well. no chopping the back end, just a suttle air ride to compliment what i have..

thanks for the info again everbody.

The stock shock for the front end is shorter than any other stock shock out there. You can get drop shocks, but they get a bit spendy. The upper A arm is a bit narrower than the later model trucks too...basically, the shock waves are too big and too long.

If you stay at stock ride height, you can use the stock 521 shocks, but if you try to lower it and shorten the bump stop.....the shock will bottom out first.

I built a pocket into my lower control arms when I Z'd them, then used a stock 521 shock.

The stock shock for the front end is shorter than any other stock shock out there. You can get drop shocks, but they get a bit spendy. The upper A arm is a bit narrower than the later model trucks too...basically, the shock waves are too big and too long.

Thanks for the incite mklotz70

I noticed that the rear shocks were semi easy to find once I was on the right track. As for the front you’d recommend the 521 shocks?...

I believe the front has Tokico blue’s (the undercarriage has a lot of dirt and the shocks are old). My rear had a discontinued model from Monroe shocks but I was able to switch to Gabriel ($17.00 per shock) for the moment.

For the air ride I noticed that the rear can work with fabrication but you are right for the front. The front shocks are babies compared to anything I have seen.

I will have to admit that I’m new to building/restoring a vehicle but I like the 320 because I can put it any where without taking too much space.

Has anyone ever added a rear air ride set up?....or is that not cool?..or….just a waste of time?huh.gif

-oh- and stillwisted

That sucks about the Go-Ez truck. You figure 1000 uni-bodies came to the U.S. based on the forums I read and one went back home. sad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

you should check out my build of my 64 datsun 320n, its not the uni body but same thing, i did a 4 link and full air bags but i made mine lay full frame, if you have any questions hit me up, or if your interested i can even do a subtle or one off bag set up on your 320 for a fair price, i would really love to bag this beautiful truck, thanks

danny

kustumfab@gmail.com

you should check out my build of my 64 datsun 320n, its not the uni body but same thing, i did a 4 link and full air bags but i made mine lay full frame, if you have any questions hit me up, or if your interested i can even do a subtle or one off bag set up on your 320 for a fair price, i would really love to bag this beautiful truck, thanks

danny

kustumfab@gmail.com

fore what you can offer...whats a ball park price i am looking at.... any frame reinforment?

what bags did you use?

and any cutting or chopping?