wheels for 520

So, I had purchased myself some Western Turbines for the 520.

wheels.jpg

took em to the powder coaters and they LOST 2 of the 4! This has been ongoing for over a month now.

http://community.rat..._1entry285541

They were supposedly working with local wheel and tire shops looking for another set. Yeah right! So yesterday I call to check on progress and the manager tells me to bring in a reciept and she'll make it right. Basically, they are giving up and want to pay to make me go away... So I could profit from this, but don't need to. getting $400 or $500 from them just doesnt feel right, but that is probably close to fair. I just want to be made whole again. (if you've an opinion on that: fire away, but ultimately I'll do what I think is right...)

Who gets reciepts from CL purchases? Anyway, the reason for my post: (after appropriate amount of foreplay) I found another set in St. Louis. I've asked the guy if he would ship, and I'm waiting to hear back from him.

But, IF he won't- any Ratsuners in the St. Louie area that could go pick em up and ship them to me? i would pay all costs of course and maybe provide bottlecaps (oh wait this isnt Fallout 3) so Ratsun sticker or tee shirt? Beer? If I need help is there anyone in the St. Louis area that could help coordinate this purchase/delivery for me?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!

I was kinda thinking many of the thoughts you guys are posting! aaarrrrgh-- its like having a Ratsun forum in my head!

Yes, I went from a severe sinking feeling, to disbelief, to shock, to anger, to resignation, to ??? I'm not sure where I'm at. But your comments capture most of it. thx guys.

SO! Anyone in the St.Louie area out there? I would roadtrip for these wheels if this guy responds, but it would be so much more choice if a fellow Ratsun member would pick up and ship for me...

BTW- I also checked with skunktrukin on the set that he has for sale and I tried to get the powder coaters to buy his set.... that just didn't work out and I don't have the dineros for his set. Ironically, I was PC my set the exact same color (satin black) that he did his.

yeah dude if they lost 2 of my wheels i would be fuckin pist... then i would get the MOST money out of them as i could claiming they are rare and disconitued.. and then i would use the money to buy some some baller 6 lug JDM wheels!!!!

Seriously? Does this 'powder coater' run their business out of a mobile meth lab? If they are listed in the yellow pages, or have an actual business license, report them to the Better Business Bureau. If they won't compensate you within reason, take them to small claims. If they don't have a license, take whoever you dropped the rims off with to small claims.

Lost your rims, right, and I'm George Clooney.

Someone either in the employ of the company or someone with access to the facility stole your wheels. Then again maybe someone left 6 cubic feet of aluminum on a bar stool somewhere in Wichita...

Yeah, they are a legit business. Done business with them for 15 years.

I asked if she fully trusts everyone on her staff, she said firmly that she does. Her theory is that they got left outside and foot traffic walked off with them...

I'm calling them today and will stop by their place on Monday with a receipt to settle up.

TrevDaddy- you have PM.

thx saw those.

http://redding.craigslist.org/pts/1705753969.html

I think I bought those. shipping and handling is $125. Seller is willing to package and ship, so that is pretty sweet cause its a hassle...

Should be picking up a check from Lorac tomorrow. Send a certified check to seller. Have new wheels by end of next week. If everything goes right: I'm not counting on anything until I have those wheels in my possession.

Not sure if I'll take this set back to Lorac or not... I'm SURE they wouldnt loose 2 sets!!! what are the odds, right? I might spray-bomb em and call it a day.

TrevDaddy- Thanks for the offer. It's much appreciated. Did that guy have a cab for you? If you still need help finding Datsun's or parts for 'em, hit me up. Seriously, I'd love to help. I get a charge out of it.

Thanks all.