Gone to the B side

As in B13! For the 30th, Dad decided to give me his NX2000. He's getting mom's Subaru, and she's getting a new Subaru and since the dog doesn't fit too well in the NX, it needs to go since it doesn't fit his needs. Only has 118k on it, and since he autocrossed it for a couple years it has better stiffer suspension and some cool other bits. And the t-tops, don't forget the t-tops!

The only downside is it's front drive, but hell, I can live with that. It handles great and moves out. 32 mpg is pretty nice too, what with summer coming. Maybe I'll be able to make it to Canby without driving the truck, considering it would cost me literally twice as much in gas. Here's a picture of me driving it way back in an autocross at SRP when it was still SRP! Hard to believe that was '05 already.

Don't worry, I won't be getting rid of the 510.

octocross1.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From wikipedia:

The NX2000 model had some mechanical improvements over its SE-R sibling. It had larger brakes and more aggressive tires on wider 6" wheels (195/55VR-14 with 14x6" wheels vs. the 185/60HR-14 with 14x5.5" wheels and tires in the SE-R). The NX2000 brakes are a common aftermarket upgrade for B13 Sentra SE-Rs. The NX2000 also had a center armrest, a larger two core radiator, and slightly lower ride height compared to the SE-R. However, the T-top roof in the NX2000 along with the mechanical upgrades made it slightly heavier than the SE-R.

The NX2000, with its light weight, stiff chassis, and limited-slip differential, was considered one of the best-handling front-wheel-drive cars of the time. In 1992, Road & Track magazine included the NX2000 in a test of the world's best handling cars against such competition as the Acura NSX, Porsche 911, Nissan 300ZX, Mazda Miata, and Lotus Elan.

As far as ugly, I don't think it's any uglier than my 510, or my cousin's affection for Dodge products. As my uncle said, he's dedicated to ugly. :) And some of the old Dodges do have a less than beautiful streak, but that's kind of what makes them neat. I think they look fine, myself.

It's important to remember that ugly gets things done! Anyone remember that old song, "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife, from my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you!" :D Hehe. Right now, the cars are all I have in that department!

I can dig-

i really don't care for fwd cars...

... but after getting a B14 SE-R for my girlfriend, and realizing how much fun these cars can be, i'm sold!

the nx and the Se-R can be really fun trackable SR setups!

From wikipedia:

As far as ugly, I don't think it's any uglier than my 510, or my cousin's affection for Dodge products. As my uncle said, he's dedicated to ugly. smile.gif And some of the old Dodges do have a less than beautiful streak, but that's kind of what makes them neat. I think they look fine, myself.

It's important to remember that ugly gets things done! Anyone remember that old song, "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife, from my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you!" biggrin.gif Hehe. Right now, the cars are all I have in that department!

To me its all about handling "peppy" and MPG's!!!!!!!!! I like it! Enjoy it man!!!

• 1 month later...