Opinions on my Sunny

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do it?

So I'm looking to improve my rear viability on my '81 Sunny Hatch. I ordered a cheap ebay 3rd brake light to toy with. I figured, if it looks like crap I'll put it on my motorcycle.

What do you guys think?

Here's the piece..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250605057729&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2249wt_1002

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really need to see your car to give an honest opinion but, I think that LEDs would look strange on a Sunny and I'm not sure where you would put this to hide the space age looking black plastic. If I were you I would go get a universal brake light assembly from an auto parts store or motorhome place that just uses a regular bulb.

I know these annoy people including myself but I understand that you want to be more visible at night so how about a rear fog like this one just mounted to the bumper?

raybrig_rear_fog.jpg

even round would be cool

rear_fog_led.gif

I would really need to see your car to give an honest opinion but, I think that LEDs would look strange on a Sunny and I'm not sure where you would put this to hide the space age looking black plastic. If I were you I would go get a universal brake light assembly from an auto parts store or motorhome place that just uses a regular bulb.

I know these annoy people including myself but I understand that you want to be more visible at night so how about a rear fog like this one just mounted to the bumper?

Yeah, I gotta get a picture of it up.

I was thinking of doing something like that. They have a pretty neat look to it. I really want something higher up though. My car's flat black so it's not easy to see at night. Plus it's tiny. I don't want a big truck to roll into me at a light because he can't see me.

find a small round one that will fit into that missing lock hole!!

Then that would kill my plans for putting in a lock :P

Look at stock lights off something else! Alwayse Cool!

That's what I was thinking lol

Here's what someone did for their 510 wagon. Sorry, no pic, but it looks stock instead of a half-assed addon:

Remember the billion mid to late 80s Subaru wagons? It's simply one of those brake lights. I paid $10 for mine and it mounts in the 510 like it was made for it. Your back glass angle may be different but there may be just what you need one aisle over at the auto wreckers. Let you eye balls do the walking. I ran an independent wire to the brake light switch under the column to get a brake only signal.....