New Here...

Hey, I just registered to this site after reading some of the interesting/very helpful threads I've come across during my internet travels lol

Well, I've got a '79 280ZX 5spd, and was a very fun car to drive, I loved it! But unfortunately, some jerkwad decided in a '87 Ford Ranger decided that my nearly straight/original car shouldn't be that way anymore and slammed into my rear quarter panel...

So now I'm going through the suspension, all new poly bushings and sectioned strut tubes (HUGE thanks in part to this forum, and that one guy that made the strut tubes thread lol) with Koni strut inserts, and powdercoated all the suspension parts. (I hope to have my final ride height set at about 1.5" ground clearance at the frame rails, and I plan to drive the car almost daily like that ;) )

I'll post pics and my full build thread in the build thread section. I'm a huge pictar whore. And I love stretched tires on small wheels and wheel poke with slammage, I don't care what it does for handling lol

Also, I seem to forget her all the time, but I've also got a '69 Firebird that's my first car and now my almost DD lol

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun man !

Sorry about the 280zx incident :angry: ( we all feel the pain :mellow: )

My 240z is pretty dang low to the ground right now ( and it's fun as well as handles good ) but the stiffer struts , lower springs , and smaller wider tires makes ya feel every pine needle you go over. The one thing I would recommend is making sure your exhaust is tucked up underneath nicley , go into all driveways at an angle , and it will get high-centered easily ( pretty much anywhere like mine :lol: ), but alas it's pretty cool to have a low ridin z man and a good direction to go ! ( Mine are tokico brand )

Good luck on your suspension re-fab , and body work on that 280zx. All datto's are worth saving :lol: :cool:

lol sorry about the no pics, I was about to then my computer crashed and I decided to call it a night lmao

here are teh piczorz:

When I first bought her, May 5, 2008:

my280ZX.jpg

My uber JDM tyte badges:

newFairlady280Zbadge.jpg

This is the final ride height I got with the stock length struts... had about an inch and a half of suspension travel lmao:

DSC03563.jpg

And these are the last pics I took of her before the accident:

DSC03687.jpg

DSC03686.jpg

DSC03685.jpg

And now for the horrible-ness :(

DSC03705.jpg

But it doesn't look AS BAD now:

DSC04009.jpg

But like I said, I'm going to make a build thread soon, so you guys will see all mah pics soonly lol

shit! those are the first crash pics iv seen :o

maybe I need to spend a lil more time on ZDriver lol

you should just bang it out best you can (if your not planning on cutting it all out) and make a gnarly boso-rat :fu:

^lol that's what I did, I beat the fender lip out just far enough to clear the 15x10 -45ET wheels I have, leaving the final pull for the secret wheels that are going to go on it lol

I do plan on replacing the fender completely eventually, but I kinda wanna rock it this way for a while, just because lol

^lol that's what I did, I beat the fender lip out just far enough to clear the 15x10 -45ET wheels I have, leaving the final pull for the secret wheels that are going to go on it lol

I do plan on replacing the fender completely eventually, but I kinda wanna rock it this way for a while, just because lol

lol a boso-rat could be cooler than a strait car :lol: